The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Export nuendo to pro tool LE DAW Software
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Export nuendo to pro tool LE

I just did some tracking in a sudio using nuendo, and I need to export the wave files so I can take them to my house and put them in pro tools LE. Does anyone know how to export so all the waves from point zero? (there are guitar tracks that start in the middle of songs) Thanks
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yes, if your tracks are all a bunch of random regions, select all regions in that track and go under the "Audio" menu and select "events to regions". Once all your tracks are one solid track, you can drag the far left corner of your tracks (the one that will let you elongate or shorten your track region size) and pull them over to the very begining "0". Now all your tracks are one, and all start at zero. I do this when I archive all my stuff to DVD.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

You can also "Bounce" under the audio menu as well, but your first region still needs to start at zero. The bounce feature basically renders out your tracks from the point where it first starts. You can hit "CTRL A" to select all, then click "Bounce" so can do this to all your tracks at once.
Hope this helps.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Export them as broadcast wav files, so protools will know the time stamp of the files.
Tamas Dragon
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies, if I have solid regions that start at zero following Slaytex's directions, do I still need to export as broadcast waves, and will LE recognise the time stamp?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Set the proj session to BWF (shift/S). With the range tool hi-lite all the tracks all the way to the left (essientially zero) bounce and import them into PT starting at zero. If you want to make the import easier, before you bounce, # your track names, ie. 1 kik 2 snare 3 h.h. This way the track will be imported in the order you need instead of having to shuffle the order to suit your purpose inside PT.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

If following my words, you don't need to export them as broadcast waves. This is all good advice here and there are multiple ways of doing this as you can see.
Good luck.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search