The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any studios on Vancouver Island?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Any studios on Vancouver Island?

Hi all,

going on a short vacation in BC. I will be staying with freinds in Courtenay, and was wondering if I could check out any studios on the island!

Lemme know eh!

Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Victoria is one of my most fav places to visit. It's wonderful there.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

bump

Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

You know what? As far as I know there are no really sweet rooms in Victoria.

I have a little project studio in downtown victoria, but it is pretty low end-- nothing worth visiting. There are a couple of other places like mine in Victoria, that is, people with little spaces where they cut records, but I know of no real rooms. At least nothing that I would shell out money for the way I would for, say, Mushroom or the Armoury in Vancouver.

And also, keep in mind that Courtney is like 3.5 hours or more from Victoria.

The West Coast has a lot of things to offer, but slutty studios are not really one of them.

One piece of advice: Go out to Tofino/Ucluelet! You will not be disappointed.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
You know what? As far as I know there are no really sweet rooms in Victoria.
Ya, I would have to agree with this. I too just have a small project studio, but will be expanding soon in the future. (buying a home) Are you planning on visiting Victoria s.d.finley?

mcollinge; what kind of stuff do you do?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks fellas,

Not looking for anything major, just some checking out the scene on the island. I am leaving tomorrow, until next friday. I may swing by Victoria at some point. I have some whale watching, and salmon fishing to do!! I love it on the island, it so relaxing.

I will be checking GS every once in a while.....

cheers!
Old 6th September 2007
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay in Wait View Post
Ya, I would have to agree with this. I too just have a small project studio, but will be expanding soon in the future. (buying a home) Are you planning on visiting Victoria s.d.finley?

mcollinge; what kind of stuff do you do?
Ya, the woodshop in duncan is possibly the closest thing. There are a few rooms in Victoria that I have heard about, but the seem to be on the DL. One of them that had a Trident or something recently got ripped off.

I do lots of stuff ranging from indie, folky stuff to like hard rock and drone rock. My hallway verb can't be beat.

Gear wise, the best stuff I've got is a pair of 4047s and a Brick. Good gear, but nothing to drool over.

Mike
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

My wife and I went to BC for our honeymoon last year. It wasn't really an occassion for me to visit studios, but Victoria/Vancouver Island was one of our favorite spots. Definately make time for Buchart Gardens.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search