The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Electro-Harmonix The Worm - SO MUCH NOISE!?! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Electro-Harmonix The Worm - SO MUCH NOISE!?!

I took my Electro Harmonix the worm out. Had not used it in about 2 years. And it makes a huge amount of noise... I can't use it!?!

I listen to recordings I did with it, and they are a bit noisy (in a funky way), but not as bad as this... or was it?

Anyone have the worm... is it this noisy or is something wrong?

Someone suggested to use less power than the 24v that comes with it.

M.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

welcome to all EHX effects ive ever used. Ive never noticed it on my big muff, but its supposed to be noisy. Every electro harmix pedal ive ever used was like that, if it was altering a clean signal. Get a noise supressor or whatever guitarist put in thier signal path to calm it down. Alot of famous people use those pedals so theres kinda be some way to calm them down.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I have a few of their pedals that I love, but some of them are just way too noisy. I bought one of the reverb pedals and sold it the next week because it was too noisy to record with.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm View Post
I bought one of the reverb pedals and sold it the next week because it was too noisy to record with.
i had the same experience with the Holy Grail reverb. beautiful, lush sounding verb.......but the noise was just a deal breaker. i took mine back. still looking for a good pedal reverb, too.

cheers,
wade
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Ditto on the Clone Theory Stereo Chorus. I liked the sound, but it was WAY too noisy to record with. I'm saving up for the Fulltone ChoralFlange, which costs 3X the EH.
Old 4th May 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by over-man View Post
Ditto on the Clone Theory Stereo Chorus. I liked the sound, but it was WAY too noisy to record with. I'm saving up for the Fulltone ChoralFlange, which costs 3X the EH.
I just picked up an old Boss CE-2 like I had in high school. Sounds great and I think I am going to get the Robert Keeley mods on it.
Old 4th May 2008
I really dig the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus if you are a CE-1 fan. I paid $25 for it (Guitar Center didn't know what they had) but I would pay what they usually sell for, it's the best chorus I've come across. Great on electric piano as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search