The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IPOD BOOM BOXES, which one?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

IPOD BOOM BOXES, which one?

Whilst sweating my a** off by the pool this weekend, I got to thinking that one of those battery powered IPOD boom box dock thingy's would be cool to have out there to rock some tunes.

Of course, i need something battery powered, and would like to have something that would serve as a decent way to check mixes as well when not on pool duty.

I've been to the apple store and there are a gazzilion. just wondering if there seems to be a consensus on the best bang for the buck.

Line in would be groovy too, but not a deal breaker.

Yes, this is what it's gotten to... questions about ipod boomboxes.
Old 4th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajonezzz View Post
Whilst sweating my a** off by the pool this weekend, I got to thinking that one of those battery powered IPOD boom box dock thingy's would be cool to have out there to rock some tunes.

Of course, i need something battery powered, and would like to have something that would serve as a decent way to check mixes as well when not on pool duty.

I've been to the apple store and there are a gazzilion. just wondering if there seems to be a consensus on the best bang for the buck.

Line in would be groovy too, but not a deal breaker.

Yes, this is what it's gotten to... questions about ipod boomboxes.
I'd avoid it man!

Just get a boom box with a mini jack or rca input that you'll be able to use with the next load of tech!

!

these things are incredible in that they are sold with TOTALLY VISABLE built in obsolescence...
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I use one of these:

http://amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000IYTOO...pf_rd_i=468294

make sure your ipod is supported via the dock though, mine isn't as its an early model.

The speaker is good though, there is some kind of bass extension going on but the sound is believeable and it has a minijack input.

I have mine rigged at the other side of the control room and use it for some mixing.
Also has a remote control which is useful.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I bought this one for my wife.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/igroove-hg.aspx

It's pretty cool, though it does drive me nuts that you really have to activate the EQ on the iPod to tame the super-hyped bass. I guess it's typical of most consumer audio. Otherwise, it sounds great and more imortantly gives me a more accurate consumer playback system for referencing mixes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search