The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alesis HD 24 Owners Modular Synthesizers
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Alesis HD 24 Owners

I have a friend that owns this unit that is wondering how to get the information off the IDE drives and onto standard computer drives, so they can import the info into a computer and mix it in their DAW. I know nothing about the unit and told him that I would ask fellow GS's for the answer.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

dont need the fireport.

get a crossover cable (cat 5, available at best buy, circuit city) and connect the ethernet port on the HD to your network interface card (what the internet plugs into lol) and ether use your FTP client or download FileZilla (free). Seup your pc network settings for static Ip, and setup the hd24's ftp (in utilitys). enable FTP on the HD and connect form the PC and bam there ya go. Might want to go get lunch or sleep while it transfers. you could even connect it to your router and get them wirelessly if you so desired.
Old 4th September 2007
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle S View Post
dont need the fireport.

get a crossover cable (cat 5, available at best buy, circuit city) and connect the ethernet port on the HD to your network interface card (what the internet plugs into lol) and ether use your FTP client or download FileZilla (free). Seup your pc network settings for static Ip, and setup the hd24's ftp (in utilitys). enable FTP on the HD and connect form the PC and bam there ya go. Might want to go get lunch or sleep while it transfers. you could even connect it to your router and get them wirelessly if you so desired.
Takes waaaaaaay tooooooooo looooooong. I would do the fireport thing.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

i dont have a firewire port on my pc. but yeah i would opt for the fireport if i could find it under a hundred bucks. god damn things are free right now.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

cool, thanks guys
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Take a trip over to the HD24 list and do a search on "vipower." You'll turn up some viable alternatives to the Fireport:

hd24 : HD24

If you only need to transfer files from the HD24 disk to your computer, you can use some shareware software developed by one of the members of the group. It's called HD24tools, and it does a LOT of things better than the Alesis FSTconnect software, especially data recovery when things go wrong. The software is available here:

HD24tools Project Page

If you need to transfer files back into the HD24 from the computer, then you'll need to buy a Fireport and get the FSTconnect software with it. At this point, the HD24tools software can't write back to the HD24 disk, but Marc, the programmer, is currently working on an update to do just that.

Cheers,
--
Don

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search