The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free ringtone service to give away my music? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

Free ringtone service to give away my music?

I'm looking for a free (or ultra-cheap) service provider to give away free ringtones of my music as part of a promotion.

Xingtone.com allows you to set up a store, but they restrict free ringtone downloads to 50-200 per month, depending on the store package you get - I guess they really want you to sell the ringtones, so they can make their cut, not give them away. If all goes as planned, that will be way too low a number, however, so they're kind of out.

Groupietunes.com seem to only allow downright sales, no give-aways.

Are there any providers out there that are 1. easy to use for the ringtone-downloader, and that 2. will let me give away ringtones to how ever many folks care to download?

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

What's up, K.?

--

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Store - Ringtones

This isn't what you're looking for, but maybe there's a way to integrate it -- brand-new update to iTunes.

And thank Apple for pulling a Microsoft-style co-opting of a niche market via control of the overall platform (think: Microsoft Explorer v. Netscape battle circa late 90's). Score another one for Silicon Valley versus independent entertainment entities, especially if this concept goes beyond the one million iPhones currently in existence (although maybe now B.E.T. will have to broaden its advertising base).
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search