The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good Cassette Recorder for 2-buss Mixdown Dynamics Plugins
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sutton View Post
Wall 'o' Cassette Decks!
Dang..! He won't lying!.....a wall of cassettes decks....
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
do yourself a favor and mix down to a decent hi-fi vcr... they sound incredible. you can transfer to cassette now, and later, when you get your good a/d, you can digitize your mix from the what is probably the best sounding format south of a studer.

gregoire
del
ubk
I like that idea, but it's mono right? Like I couldn't hand it to a masterins studio could I?

A friend of mine said they used to do that back in the 90's. They recorded to some kind of portastudio then did bouncing off a VCR.

It sounded remarkable for a garage track. I think I remember serious pros were even impressed.

Nothing came of it cuz I guess the band wasn't all that, but it did peek my interest.

Now I'm interested in not only posting a thread about tape decks and trucks, but what high-end VCRs are out there.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Head

It just so happens I have a "like new" barely used Nakamichi CR-4A 3 head deck. It's a sweetie but when I bought it it was originally to be used for mixdowns on a analog studio I had in the early 90's and it got boxed up and forgotten when we moved from California. If you're interested shoot me an email at [email protected]. I might make you an offer you can't refuse. As I say it's like new (and that is rare).
Old 6th August 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post
Cool man, I hear ya'. I had to re-type my response like three times cuz I felt I was coming back a bit strong. I also had to fight 2 hours of traffic to a major anthill called FOX studios this morning so I was a bit grumpy. I'll be glad when this week's over.

I just love my truck. That thing's like my dog.

I'm actually a Chevy guy, but for some reason Ford's always been available used so I end up driving 'em.

What I really want is an old Buick

-soupguy
Then you need what Ive been driving...complete with cassette deck and a Vette engine. 1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon (thats right a woodie). I just picked up a Tascam 112MKII and have been mastering mixes that sound amazing in this stock system. Over 20 MPG on freeway / not bad for a Wagon with an LT1
Old 7th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post

c) I drive an 83 Ford Ranger with a tape deck and would like to listen to my work on the way home in crummy speakers.

I need a final format that I can listen and right now this situation is starting me in the face.

Any suggestions digital or analog?
My '95 Ranger has 340,000 on it and still going strong--with a cassette player. The speakers aren't horrible, but the player needs cleaned. The truck is still way younger than me and in better working condition--they don't make many parts for '55s anymore and the aftermarket stuff is just crap.

I have a Realistic SCT-80 in pieces downstairs hoping to unstick the buttons so I can run mixes to it. Uncanny.
Old 7th August 2012
Gear Maniac

I have a Yamaha KX 393 Cassette Deck which sounds OK.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search