The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vintage Amp Room example Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear
Vintage Amp Room example

Hey guys -
Here's a doodle with the AC30 in Vintage Amp Room...The AC30 is pretty killer. The verb is from IK Multimedia CSR...wish it was me playing, but it's not...my friend Steven Faile...

Update -
I'm trying to sell the Tele that was used playing this, but the website won't let me upload this file twice to two different forums. I'm not trying to generate traffic, but if you want to hear what VAR sounds like, here it is...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gears...tom-relic.html
Old 3rd September 2007
jje
Gear Nut

Sounds great. Gets a little weird on the low notes though - really distorted (but maybe it's my laptop speakers).

Just curious, what settings did you use on CSR? Or do you have a screenshot? I really like the verb coming off this. Was it all CSR or a mix of that plus amp room? Sometimes it seems that amp sims fall apart due to the ambience but not in this case.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear
I used the CSR Hall insert on a stereo group channel...I can't remember how wet it was - I'll pull the session open again. I really like CSR - really nice tails and has delays too. I think it's as good as the Plate 140 from UA and that's saying something...
Old 4th September 2007
jje
Gear Nut

Thanks for the info. I find myself using the CSR Room most of all, plates every once in a while. Honestly haven't really gotten into the Hall but maybe I'll have to check it out.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear
I think it was probably the medium hall used as an insert on a stereo group channel at about 8-10%...
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear
I've been talking up Amplitube 2 and I think this AC30 sounds better...I should've cranked the gain down for this, but I think it sounds pretty good...
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

vintage amp room is an amazing plug, they are going native vst/rtas also , best amp/cab/room sim i have ever used. love it as the final plug in my virtual guitar effects chain, i find my self using waves guitar FX or amplitube's pedals though vintage amp room and it's working really well , plus total recall. I really hope they do a modern amp room heh
Old 5th November 2007
Gear Nut

Hi Johnkenn,

i like this clip and the playing too.
do you have any information about the recording ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Laurent
Old 5th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
vintage amp room is an amazing plug, they are going native vst/rtas also
Yep, already here. I reviewed it a few weeks back

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search