The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Milab dc96b for vocals? Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Nut

Milab dc96b for vocals?

Hi,

My band won a contest, where we can pick out gear worth about $1700 from a certain store. I have the intention of putting the whole sum towards a good LDC vocal mic, as the mic we currently use for recording vocals is a Røde NT1-A.

The key issue is that the store we have to pick the gear from only carries Shure and Milab mics, so my options are limited.

Our singer has a very deep (male) voice (think Peter Steele from Type O), and the NT1's brightness suits this, but we're having some problems with sibilance.

From browsing this forum, I've come to the understanding that the dc96b is a fine acoustic instrument mic, but I've rarely seen it referred to within the context of vocals. Would it also be good (and bright enough) as a vocal mic for a deep voice?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Milab is a very good choice for vocals. Often underrated, but it's often "beats" brauners and neumanns.
TD
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut

Thanks for the input. I guess I'm just going to take a chance with this mic. Even if it doesn't turn out to be the ticket for vocals, it will probably earn its right on other sources.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search