The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best "NON leaking" headphones for vocal booth work? Studio Headphones
Old 16th November 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Not a fan at all of those. I think they're weak sauce in the bass department and bleed quite a bit. I much prefer the ATHM40's.

yeah these suck, ear pad broke off mine after about 4 months of singer use. but yeah, no low end
Old 16th November 2008
Lives for gear

+1 for the 7506's. they arent perfect on bleed but most of my clients love the feel and sound. they work well for drummers, myself included.
Old 16th November 2008
Lives for gear

I hate to rain on the Sony lovers...but...I own 'em and they bleed a lot by comparison to many others including my Beyers. The DT250's are so relaxing. Ahhhh!
The all around isolation super cans are by far the "Extreme Isolation" EX 29. They are not the headphones for any mixing decisions, but I have had singers comment that their prominent mids are very helpful. They do not lack and are pretty balanced. Mainly aimed at drummers.
Check 'em out.
Cheers,
Scott.
Old 17th November 2008
Gear Addict

Beyerdynamic DT770... thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 17th November 2008
Gear Nut

Sony MDR-V700 "DJ" phones. I don't know why more places don't have these as standard. Great isolation with the soft pads. When they're new, there's a little more head fatigue, but the headband lightens up after being used a while. Nice bass all the way down without hype. Very musical.
Old 17th November 2008
Lives for gear

the best method is use in ears monitors. You can buy shure in ears for like 150
that sound great.

Then wear these over them........

29 DB SSP Headset-Super Soundproofing, Co.

This is the only way to 100% eliminate bleed when the player/singer like it LOUD. I started doing this since my drummer has had his heads so loud the bleed was horrible. On quiet parts or beginning or endings of songs it was unexceptable. I've since used this method on singers and when micing acoustic players.
Works like a charm. Their happy and I'm happy

This method also works great when you're micing a gtr amp. You can really dial in a tone moving the mic around dead in front of tha cranked up amp. And it eliminates almost all the actual room. You only hear the monitoring. Also works great if you have to dial in a drum sound in a live room. Been doing this for 5 years or so without a hitch
Old 17th November 2008
Gear Head

vic firth

We use the Vic Firth Iso-phones for tracking. Never any bleed, cheap($50.00ish) so if they get broken it's no big deal, & musicians love them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search