The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
$3.50 Pabst / $4 album ?
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
Sorry guys, but I have to get that off my chest:

US beer, the Behringer of beverages.

There might be small breweries that are up to snuff, but the fluid the big corporate breweries sell... oh man... This does not belong here too much and I don't want to piss off any fellow slutz, honestly. You poor, poor folks.
I was born and raised in Bavaria, so I know of what I speak: There is absolutely no shortage of outstanding beer made in the US.

Don't let the Budweisers/Miller/Coors fool you, they just have the biggest advertising budgets. (And if you drink Bud in the US, you're either stupid or you're on a race track.)

Just like the existence of Wienerwald doesn't mean there are no good restaurants in Germany, Miller Coors and Bud cannot change the fact that there are way more excellent breweries in the US than crappy ones. Many of them are small and local, but so are many of the best breweries in Germany - you can't find Augustiner in Cologne, or Früh in Munich. And a number of the good US breweries do indeed have excellent distribution, so you can find them in many a supermarket or 7-Eleven, i.e. Sierra Nevada from Chico, CA - readily available, and nectar of the Gods!

No need to pity us... there's great beer to be had (and loads of amazing wine, too!)

(The only thing nobody here does right is Weissbier... but I found a source for Schneider in LA, so I'm set!)
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubilay View Post
(And if you drink Bud in the US, you're either stupid or you're on a race track.)
I drink Bud. Really. And I drive slowly.

Of course when I lived in Vermont I drank some fine Canadian beers.

Back then I always felt that it would be better to have a Labatt in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

See...I did it again.....bad humor that is way off topic.

Apologies (again) to OP.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Only the real stuff....

A couple two, tree of these beers, and it doesn't matter what a CD costs....
Attached Thumbnails
.50 Pabst /  album ?-dec06-1.jpg  
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Guru

I think musicians can learn a lot from beer. When your music will help you get your date to take her clothes off, or help you cover up for your own insecurities when she won't, then you'll be able to get people to pay for it. Otherwise, it's not even worth three bucks.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
I think musicians can learn a lot from beer.
The understatement of the century.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post

Of course when I lived in Vermont I drank some fine Canadian beers.
We only drink beers made in Vermont, any beer not made here is call imported!
Just kidding of course, but we have some of the best microbrews in the world here! heh

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and the PBR(Pabst Blue Ribbon) was the first beer to go!! It was a biker style wedding, yet oddly enough, no one was shooting off guns!! I was kinda let down!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search