The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Temple Of The Dog
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albro Swift View Post
Right on. Geoff and Jon are both super nice and super talented. What was the name of the project?

Josh
Hey Josh - Click my Myspace link and you can hear the stuff Geoff mixed.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I will have to say, sonics aside as I haven't listened to it in a while, the Mad Season album is really disappointing. The songs sound like glorified jams. Not even good jams, just average garage band stuff.

There were clearly some good song ideas in there, but almost all were left woefully undeveloped and under-produced. I even find the performances to sound uninspired and flat.

I love Layne, Mike and Mark, and I had high hopes for this group, especially after the River of Deceit (or whatever the title was) single. That was a good song, but the rest is kind of boring.
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Maniac

I have been listening to this again recently and really love it. Noticed the ADD on the back of the CD case. Mixed to 16 bit DAT it looks like. What other options would there have been for digital mixdown in early 1991?

This is a great record and a perfect example of music made purely for fun and the love of music. It was a great tribute to Andrew Wood.

Steve
Jealousy Curve
Jealousy Curve on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Last edited by Fash; 31st December 2009 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hakala View Post
I love this album.

Anyone know something about making of this brilliant album, both musically and sonically. All I've read that it was recorded weekends at London Bridge Studios Nov/Dec 1990. Who engineered or mixed it?
yeah best record of the 90's arguably
frikkin awesome raw emotion
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hakala View Post
I love this album.
Enough said.
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Head

It's always been one of my favorites too.... Say Hello to Heaven, What else can be said?
Old 1st January 2010
Old 20th October 2011
Gear Addict

Did anyone know matts drum size's on that album?
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Addict

Badmotorfinger as one of the worst sounding albums ever? You guys don't get out much. You need to hear some really terrible sounding records.

How 'bout The Damned's Machine Gun Etiquette, Bauhaus's Mask, anything by the original iteration of The Misfits, The Stooges' Raw Power, Sisters Of Mercy's First And Last And Always...

Great records, sound like hammered ass. And I like dirty, filthy sounds, too. Badmotorfinger is pretty well superior to any of that.

Now, Superunknown is a masterpiece of a mix.

Badmotorfinger isn't the greatest sounding record ever, but it's far from the worst. Most of the '80s sounds hideous to me, and I adore much of the music, but the guitar and drum sounds especially are terrible. I'd say the '70s and '90s are the best decades for rock sonics. But I'm a hack; whjat do I know?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search