The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with pro tools and presonus Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Head

Help with pro tools and presonus

Ok, so I've got a Firestudio and a 003 daisychained but I can't use them both at the same time in either Pro Tools or Cubase. I want my input to come from my Presonus and my output through the 003. How do I do this. Pro Tools doesn't even show the Firesudio in the Devices window and Cubase won't show the 003 in the Devices either. They both show a link though. I have a mac book pro also. What's going on?
Old 2nd September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdood9 View Post
Ok, so I've got a Firestudio and a 003 daisychained but I can't use them both at the same time in either Pro Tools or Cubase. I want my input to come from my Presonus and my output through the 003. How do I do this. Pro Tools doesn't even show the Firesudio in the Devices window and Cubase won't show the 003 in the Devices either. They both show a link though. I have a mac book pro also. What's going on?
You cannot use them both at the same time with Pro Tools. There is no way around that. Pro Tools only supports Digidesign hardware, it will not recognise the firestudio no matter what you do.

It may be possible to use them both in Cubase if you create an Aggregate Device. In your Utilities folder (accessed most easily by clicking on the Go menu and selecting 'Utilities') there is an app called Audio MIDI Setup.

Under 'Audio' there is a selection called 'Open Aggregate Device Editor.'

You will be able to select both interfaces to add to the aggregate device. You can customise it a bit here as well. Name it whatever you want and then with any luck Cubase will allow you to select that, allowing you use of both interfaces at once.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
You cannot use them both at the same time with Pro Tools. There is no way around that. Pro Tools only supports Digidesign hardware, it will not recognise the firestudio no matter what you do.

It may be possible to use them both in Cubase if you create an Aggregate Device. In your Utilities folder (accessed most easily by clicking on the Go menu and selecting 'Utilities') there is an app called Audio MIDI Setup.

Under 'Audio' there is a selection called 'Open Aggregate Device Editor.'

You will be able to select both interfaces to add to the aggregate device. You can customise it a bit here as well. Name it whatever you want and then with any luck Cubase will allow you to select that, allowing you use of both interfaces at once.
Ok, well that sucks. I tried the Aggregate Device Editor and it only show the Firestudio, but the 003 is showing that it has a link.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Just run it through lightpipe. You'll have 8 ins and 8 outs on top of your 002 i/o. That's what I would do at least.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoppenheffer View Post
Just run it through lightpipe. You'll have 8 ins and 8 outs on top of your 002 i/o. That's what I would do at least.
Ok, so I just need an optical cable right, cause right now I have them daisy chained through firewire.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdood9 View Post
Ok, so I just need an optical cable right, cause right now I have them daisy chained through firewire.
Correct.
Make sure you switch your clock to the FS.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search