The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Lavry Blue Mic Pre's. Any Good??
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Lavry Blue Mic Pre's. Any Good??

Are these new Lavry Blue Mic Pre's any decent? I was thinking of getting the A/D to D/A with the chassis, but there would be two spare slots (for their new preamps)

Anyone keen to describe and compare their sound??
Thanks
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

They sound good. But somehow a bit "dry", so to say ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
Use search.
Well, not so easy it seems. If you enter "Lavry mic pre", you will get hundreds of threads mentioning Lavry but not specifically Lavry mic pres. Pity that you cannot enter an exact full phrase to search here (or am I missing something ?)
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

gotta use the " and *
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

))))))))))
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah,the 'AND' got me. haha. thanks guys!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by numrologst View Post
gotta use the " and *
Can you elaborate a bit ? If you want to find exactly say "Lavry 96k mic pre" how would you put it in the search line ?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Can you elaborate a bit ? If you want to find exactly say "Lavry 96k mic pre" how would you put it in the search line ?
If you surround your search words with double quotes, "", the search will look for threads containing all of those words in that specific order as a complete phrase. Without the qoutes, the search will return threads that just contain all of the words in any order and not nessesarily grouped together.

lavry blue mic pre returns 79
"lavry mic pre" returns 12
"lavry blue mic pre" returns 5
"lavry mic pre blue" returns 0
lavry mic pre blue returns 79

By the way, I have a set of Lavry Blue mic pres and they sound excellent to me! Very clean and accurate, no coloration etc. They are a nice addition to my mic pre collection!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
If you surround your search words with double quotes, "", the search will look for threads containing all of those words in that specific order as a complete phrase. Without the qoutes, the search will return threads that just contain all of the words in any order and not nessesarily grouped together.

lavry blue mic pre returns 79
"lavry mic pre" returns 12
"lavry blue mic pre" returns 5
"lavry mic pre blue" returns 0
lavry mic pre blue returns 79

By the way, I have a set of Lavry Blue mic pres and they sound excellent to me! Very clean and accurate, no coloration etc. They are a nice addition to my mic pre collection!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

i would like to know what these are like in comparison to API for example? do the lavry's have fast transient response? what do you think they sound good on? In terms of general standards f high end, arethese cosidered right up there?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
Thank you for enlightening me ... So after few years on GS I finally learnt that the search here works in a similar way like Google etc. How nice

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search