The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Attention Montreal gearslutz!!!
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Attention Montreal gearslutz!!!

Hello!
I am spending another 2 weeks here in Montreal on vacation. I am a gearslut from London running a smaller commercial recording studio in north London. Is there any gearslut who would like to show me around in his/ her commercial studio?
Let me know and leave a message and your phone number if you are up for it! Cheers, ;-)
Regards
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Montreal gearslutz

Anyone? No? Is there a music scene?
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

If you hav a car and 90 minutes, come on down to Burlington VT and I'll show you around. Burlington is a jewel of a city.

I'd be happy to show you around my studio too, but it pales in comparison to the view of the Adirondack Mountains across Lake Champlain.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Go see Jace at Breakglass. THAT is the music scene happening in Montreal, at least for the anglo's. He was just in TapeOp, is a great guy, and is doing it old-school style.

There's also Planet Studios. Its in the north end somewhere. Cool place. Very cool, actually.

The french music scene is HUGE, and you'll find more pimped out studios in the Quebecois pop world.
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganmedia View Post
If you hav a car and 90 minutes, come on down to Burlington VT and I'll show you around. Burlington is a jewel of a city.

I'd be happy to show you around my studio too, but it pales in comparison to the view of the Adirondack Mountains across Lake Champlain.
Hey!
Wow - am seriously impressed by your studio! Very nice looking and spacious! Great gear least but not last ;-) Space can be a real problem in London. Everything is so expensive! Thank you so much for the invite, it sounds so good, the views and everything...but I don't have a car here in Monreal (don't even have one in London any more), so it's all a bit more complicated for me. Are you across the border in the states, it's not Canada anymore is it?
Old 8th September 2007
Robert is a great guy and close friend of mine.

He is v fun to hang out with and really knows his engineering stuff

Hook up!

(Hey Robert! Bring me back some Maple candy!)

heh
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Robert is a great guy and close friend of mine.

He is v fun to hang out with and really knows his engineering stuff

Hook up!

(hey Robert! Bring me back some Maple candy!)

heh
Hey!
Thanks for the personal support!
At least people won't be afraid anymore that I just want to steal their M-box!
You secured your maple sirup!
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert King View Post
Hey!
Wow - am seriously impressed by your studio! Very nice looking and spacious! Great gear least but not last ;-) Space can be a real problem in London. Everything is so expensive! Thank you so much for the invite, it sounds so good, the views and everything...but I don't have a car here in Monreal (don't even have one in London any more), so it's all a bit more complicated for me. Are you across the border in the states, it's not Canada anymore is it?
Thanks for the kind words Robert. No, I'm not in Canada (though often wish I was). I'm in Vermont 90 miles south of Montreal. It looks like you have great suggestions for studios nearer to you to check out anyway. The offer stands though...
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganmedia View Post
Thanks for the kind words Robert. No, I'm not in Canada (though often wish I was). I'm in Vermont 90 miles south of Montreal. It looks like you have great suggestions for studios nearer to you to check out anyway. The offer stands though...
Just wondering: which advantage would you have living in Canada instead. Am just curious, have never been to the states. Would it be about tax or something?
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert King View Post
Anyone? No? Is there a music scene?
There are only 3 days left for me now and I still haven't come across a Montreal gearslut who felt inviting me was worth it, or maybe noone came across my thread?
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

Hey Robert,

I sent you a message with my phone number but I never heard from you. Too bad, last week I had an incredibly interesting gig at Radio Canada (great studio!) and I was allowed to bring some guests etc.

Maybe next time…
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Sorry, didn't see your message in my inbox. Wrote you back today!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search