Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

MOD PLEASE DELETE THREAD

IGNORE THREAD
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

I think the noise floor is nicely low - I had to really crank to hear anything

I didn't hear any noise.

But then again, my monitoring environment isn't a world-class studio.

I had two mods done by BLA and couldn't have been happier really. That is not to say that the BLA mod is going to make an 002 into a combination of Lavry convertors, a Big Ben and Pacficia pres. But they were alot better than stock and quite useable. YMMV
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

fyi, Im using MDR-7506 headphones.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

oh when it rains it pours...

So now my monitor outputs dont work. All I get is a NASTY dc pop when I toggle the mute button on and off and the kicker is protools isn't even running. Then I open PT, no sound, just the loud DC pop when press the mute on and off!! oh happy days.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Bump...
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

I just did your same experiment and my 4 tracks set up on my unmodded 002 as you described and had about 20db less noise according to the bomb factory noise meter.

I even converted to mp3 before I pulled it back into in protools so that it went through the same amount of conversion as yours.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Please I would really appreciate more responses to my post. I am calling BLA tomorrow.

Can someone else please confirm that CLIP 3 has more floor noise as your unmodded or modded 002.

And that they hear the intermittent noise in clip 4.

4 views on that one.

I seriously need everyones ears here.

I've sent my 002 to bla 2 times already after the mod and now I just need to prove im not crazy.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Well it could be the headphones too.

Or it could be a supply of dirty unconditioned power to the 002. Im sure BLA uses a clean power source when they are testing.

Also, could be the wiring of your system.

All these are just could be's as i have never been in your studio. But i was having similar issues with my unmodded 002.

now that mute button problem...... i have no idea, but maybe its dirty?

Peace,

Rob
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

there's no wiring really. my headphone are fine. im using a power conditioner.

On clip 3 and clip 4 there's nothing plugged into the unit except of course the firewire and my headphones.

the fireholigan did you listen to the clips?

anyways again...GEARSLUTIANS please listen and post.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

BUMP
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm not hearing anything. I had to crank the hell out of my speakers just to hear the noise and it's definately not something I'd consider bad or unuseable. In fact I couldn't hear a noise difference between the 002pre and j99pre. It also didn't sound like there was much more noise between the 4 tracks and the one. Sorry, just not hearing it. As far as your monitor outputs go, send it in to bla and have them fix it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search