The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buying UAD-1e Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 31st August 2007
Deleted 86c3d96
Buying UAD-1e

I have a Mac Pro in transit, and I am going to buy the UAD-1e Expert pack. It comes with a $750 voucher for plug-ins from their store.

I am no engineering god. I am more like a poorly dressed minion who brings alms to the temple. Nevertheless, I am wondering which plug-ins are the ones which complement the included plug-ins , and are the must acquire variety? Any to just plain avoid? Music is fairly straight forward rock focused on more traditional instruments. I'm stuck in another decade musically - "And I ran, I ran so far away..."

Thanks, oh engineering gods!stike

--
Harry Seldon is a character from the classic Isaac Asimov, "Foundation" novels. The father of psychohistory.
Old 31st August 2007
Well, it'll depend a little on what you're doing musically.

I'd get:

LA2A
1176LN
Plate 140
Pultec Pro

That will actually be about $25 out of pocket, unless my brain's as tired as my body right now...

You might as well just get two Expert Paks upfront - you'll want the extra processing and it's really easy to eat up another $750 in good plug-ins.
Old 31st August 2007
does it not already come with the 1176LN?
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanojohn View Post
does it not already come with the 1176LN?
No, it's 1176SE (which may be fine on some occasions).

But with your card, you'll get a limited (14 days) version of all the UAD plugins.

So you'll may try them and choose the ones which really fit your job.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

The most obvious plug is the Pultec Pro. Can't do anything without it... I have a hardware Pultec clone by Sebatron and the plugIn is close enough. Now if UA would finally build beefier cards I might even consider getting a newer Mac.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search