The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
inexpensive isolation headphones Studio Headphones
Old 3rd September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geert van den Berg View Post
By cheap noname drivers you are talking about the tbone headphones, right?

So you have a pair of those?

I am not really interested in audio quality, the players should just be able to hear themselves well over a drumkit...

The tbones are 30 euro's cheaper than the Vic Virths, that is quite a lot of money, I'd like to have 4 iso's... so that's quite a difference.
the nonames are not the tbones, i got the nonames at "clas ohlsson". while isolating very good and being comfortable they sounded like everything below 300 Hz was gone. the first pair lasted a couple of hours so i got new ones from the guarantee. now i wanna put in these japanese 80´s drivers to see if it´s gonna make people smile.
by the way, they don´t sell those anymore.

i havent used the tbones myself while playing but the band i recorded live this weekend didnt complain. bad phones usually make the players perform bad but these guys did 16 songs quite fast. i think they isolate more than 770M. gonna get another pair maybe, theyre so cheap and i mostly track whole bands playing live.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Well, I had another order going in for MF so I went ahead and got the Extreme's. Well they certainly do Isolate Extremely well. On the other hand, yeah, they sould like crap. Either that or I'm really spoiled by the Grado's. I can sit 4' from my amp at club volume and I just hear a tiny thump way behind the cue mix. On the other hand I was kind wanting them to sound good enough to tell what my mic'ing sounds like but all I can tell is if it's on or not. I still have to record it and change headphones to hear what it's going to sound like so it didn't help all that much. But at least I don't have to listen to the wife anymore.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post

Absolutly none of this happens without the fact that the extreme isolation phones knock the sound down 30db.

:Ron
Ron, do you use these - Extreme Isolation Headphones
Old 8th September 2010

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search