The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who's going to AES 07?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
I booked my flight, I just need to figure out where I am going to stay.
New York hotels are SO expensive!
This is a little affordable lower manhattan secret:
Off Soho Suites Hotel New York

I have many friends that stay here regularly. Many of the suites have little kitchenettes so you're not stuck eating out everynight, though NYC is full of delicious and fairly healthy cheap eats. Especially the downtown area. I beleive there is a previous (long) thread on this. Some suites require that you share a bathroom with your neighbor.

There are tons of affordable bed & breakfast inns in Brooklyn, way better than staying in NJ or Philly.
Brooklyn bed and breakfast & inns

A weekly metrocard will get you all around NYC and the outer boroughs for next to nothing 24 hours a day.

I have friends that have stayed here before and didn't complain. This is also in lower manhattan, in the Bowery.
Bowery's Whitehouse Hotel of New York
Downtown Music Gallery and the Bowery Poetry club are just doors down. Whole Foods is down the block, even better a really great all organic Food-Coop is on 4th St just on the other side of Bowery, and you can gaze at the former CBGB's when exiting the building everyday.

The White House is a world of difference from the notorious Sunshine Hotel on the Bowery.
I have a friend that lived at the Sunshine for 7 years, and lived to talk about it.
The Sunshine Hotel: Radio Documentary

These are certainly not rough neighborhoods, two luxury hotels have just been erected near both hotels that I have mentioned.

Shall I dare say, both are considered to be very happening neighborhoods?
Unless you're a jaded NY'er like me, you would feel different about that statement.
The Bowery Hotel (rooms start at $500/night) across the street from the White House
Hotel on Rivington (rooms start at $550/night) 4 blocks east of Off Soho Suites

Craigslist also has many weekly and daily sublets available too:
new york city sublets & temporary classifieds - craigslist
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Addict

ill be there on sat.....cant wait to talk about compression with mike wagner,,,,and to see nuendo 4
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Guru

I'm there Saturday and the GS drinks/dinner with my wife.

Thanks for those great tips initialsmm ... maybe next time.
Old 30th September 2007
Hey there,

I'll be at the convention as well for the entire show travelling all the way from Germany! Couldn't afford for anything better than the Hostelling International Hostal, but oh well - at least I get to take my chance in the recording competition and check out nuendo 4 ;-)

See you guys there,
Julian
Old 30th September 2007
Will be there ! ready to check the new stuff, get some NYC pizza and meet some cool Gearslutz!
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Finally get to make one of these. I'm Very much looking forward to it!!

AA

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search