The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Mics incredible customer service unbeleivable Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Blue Mics incredible customer service unbeleivable

I own a Blue Bottle and after about 3 months it developed a problem with the power supply.I called Blue and told them that the mic sounded so incredible that I used it daily and would be lost without it.They issued a pickup same day and I received the mic back at the studio in SC less than 24 hours .The next day air and repairs were covered by their warranty as well.It's nice to see that a high end product is backed up by people that understand the fact that their gear is used by some to earn a living.A peice of pro gear is only as pro as their service department and Blue is Number 1!They were also pleasant and easy to reach on the phone.

Gearsluts should have more posts regarding both positive and negative customer service stories to help others buy from comanies that help full time audio users keep their clients happy and on schedule.Negative experiences are even more important posts because I hate spening 2-4k on a peice of gear then having the manufacturer treat me like I bought it for 59.00 from Musicians Friend.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

That is great to know but we should expect that kind of service when dealing with expensive gear.

I spoke with Blue about purchasing a case for all of the caps I have purchased for my Bottle over the years. Since I now own almost all of them, I thought it would be nice to get the flight case and ditch all the wood boxes.

Well, Blue was kind enough to offer me what I was looking for and even gave me a part number for it.........but they wanted $699 RETAIL! and the discount from the dealer wasn't much.

I had to pass for the moment.....I figured that it would cost maybe around $300....not double that!

But still.....the point is, THEY OFFERED IT....and they were extremely helpful when I inquired about an item not normally purchased separately.

So I am agreeing with you......Blue's support is subperb!

ANYBODY GOT A BLUE FLIGHT CASE they want to unload cheap
Old 30th August 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephent28 View Post
ANYBODY GOT A BLUE FLIGHT CASE they want to unload cheap
Dude, snag a Zebra Z21 case or something comparable and rock out...!

War
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Warren, I just grabbed a woodpecker from you.

Can you work me up a price with the custom foam inserts on the zebra?

Info is on file so let me know what ya got!thumbsup
Old 31st August 2007

Quote:
I own a Blue Bottle and after about 3 months it developed a problem with the power supply.I called Blue and told them that the mic sounded so incredible that I used it daily and would be lost without it.They issued a pickup same day and I received the mic back at the studio in SC less than 24 hours .The next day air and repairs were covered by their warranty as well.It's nice to see that a high end product is backed up by people that understand the fact that their gear is used by some to earn a living.A peice of pro gear is only as pro as their service department and Blue is Number 1!They were also pleasant and easy to reach on the phone.

I got exactly the same incredible service - and my Bottle was 3 years old and I live in the UK!

BLUE is spot on when it comes to customer service, and the Bottle is a way cool mic.

Trebor
Old 3rd September 2007
500 series nutjob

BLUE has always taken very good care of me!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search