The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API Collection [troubleshoot thread inside...] Plugin Bundles
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

API Collection [troubleshoot thread inside...]

I just purchased the waves api collection for my home setup; using DP 4.6 exclusively here.

There is currently no Waves support for DP (working on some automation issues, should be released soon). Performed some troubleshooting, and after a few days on phone with tech support, found out this little interesting tidbit of information; confusing, since I had repeatedly mentioned my primary DAW in both email and phone support BEFORE I purchased, and even before I installed following that large (for me) chunk of change.
THEREFORE,
The ilock is registered, and so is the download, there cannot be a return or even an exchange at this point.

Anybody have any ideas so I can keep mixing? DP did recognize the new AU files, did examine them on initial startup following install, but skipped over all of them. I have the feeling that they should work as they are being recognized AU.
I also tried to re-install the program into the DP folder, no luck so far. Perhaps I need to be more clever...trick DP into believing its Logic, and fool API plugs into hopping on board the dont-piss-me-off train.

This is frustrating, and, help! Thanks in advance!

xxoxoxoo.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

I hope you managed to get it sorted. I'm using DP 4.6 and intend to get the API bundle myself, sooner or later.
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

Haven't managed in the past hour , hopefully by the end of today or I will be pissed...

I had to laugh at my boy, since he went ahead and augmented his plug in library with this bundle last week. This is the same guy who will dive into heated debate over plug ins inferior-ness to discrete outboard, pound his chest with one foot on his luncbox and the other hand waving a sword.
Now it looks like he'll just be spending money on pre's instead of that API dynamics action he's been drooling over for months. Everybody can be wooed into the dark side....
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

*bump* Nobody from waves informed me that this program didn't have DP support, I'm eating the price of it even if I can't use it.

Anybody have any other ideas? They are recognized as AU on initial startup, and they are skipped.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search