The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fatso into massive passive follow up Single-Channel Preamps
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Fatso into massive passive follow up

Hi, I posted a thread a while back regarding the output of my fatso not working when going into my massive passive and my ELOP.
The issue was that I was going out trs into the patchbay, but the out of the FATSO is unbalanced, and send from the patchbay to the MP and ELOP is balanced XLR, and it did not work. It only happens with these 2 Manley pieces, which I thought was strange, because FATSO works in front of every other piece of gear I own.
In the end I soldered XLR ends onto the leads to the fatso and everything works perfectly. Word, Steve.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

wow - fatso into a massive passivethumbsup how does it sound? I bet it sounds warm, rich, and big!

I have a fatso and the MP is on my list of possible upgrades. how are you liking the combination of the two?
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

I have this setup and its by far the closest thing I've come to for a magic bullet on bass. That and a UA Solo 610......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainstages View Post
wow - fatso into a massive passivethumbsup how does it sound? I bet it sounds warm, rich, and big!

I have a fatso and the MP is on my list of possible upgrades. how are you liking the combination of the two?
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainstages View Post

this is great. it's my default chain for drum mult.

fatso with SPANK compression into massive passive

wow, i LOVE to mix
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Hi, I posted a thread a while back regarding the output of my fatso not working when going into my massive passive and my ELOP.
The issue was that I was going out trs into the patchbay, but the out of the FATSO is unbalanced, and send from the patchbay to the MP and ELOP is balanced XLR, and it did not work. It only happens with these 2 Manley pieces, which I thought was strange, because FATSO works in front of every other piece of gear I own.
In the end I soldered XLR ends onto the leads to the fatso and everything works perfectly. Word, Steve.

Unbalanced??? Are U talking about the EL-7? Mine sure is balanced...

///Jamzone

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search