The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME Fireface400 question. Audio Interfaces
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

RME Fireface400 question.

Im looking at one of these. I would like to use my 4 channel pre with it, and have no interest in the two internal pres in the unit.

Looking at a picture of it though, There is only 2 line ins on the front, and two mic inputs. Surely there is a way I could have 4 line ins for my pre? thanks.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

you can use the mic inputs as line inputs and there's additional line ins at the back.

great unit
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

thanks. So....you could actually record more than 4 tracks at once?

One more...

Has anyone recirded a track at 44.1 and then at 88 or 96? Im curious as to if you noticed a difference or not? I have in other units I have used, but they were of a lower quality than RME stuff...
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Yes you can

My projects are normally at 44.1 or 48
I use UA plugs and most of them upsampled at 96.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

With the FF-400 including all the analog inputs and all the digital inputs (including spdif) you could record up to 18 channels at a time in 44.1/48k sample rates and 14 in 88.2/96K sample rates.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

The Fireface 400 has 8 analog inputs. You can use all 4 inputs on the front as line inputs! I've used mine for transferring audio from an old Akia tape machine and it worked great. I've also used preamps on all the inputs and it worked great. This interface is a great value. Hope this helps you out.
rjacobsen
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search