The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best reverb plugin(s) that has a "reverse" setting? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Best reverb plugin(s) that has a "reverse" setting?

Which reverb plugins has a reverse setting? Would be nice to get some reverse reverb without bouncing tracks, adding, reversing, etc...

any suggestions?
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah, get the jules verne 'time-machine' reverb
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Altiverb
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

Jules Verne

Just watch out for that Morlock setting; it eats up a lot of cycles!! lol
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

time works reverb x

time works reverb x if i'm remembering correctly
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Note that a reverse algorithm won't do the same thing as reversing the track and printing reverb. Unless there's some smart "look ahead/look back" reverb I'm not aware of.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper View Post
Note that a reverse algorithm won't do the same thing as reversing the track and printing reverb. Unless there's some smart "look ahead/look back" reverb I'm not aware of.

Yeah, it doesn't exist. RVerb has a nice-ish Reverse algo but it most definately is not the same thing. You gotta do the flip the file, print the verb, flip the file, slide the verb trick to get it for real...
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Knight View Post
Yeah, it doesn't exist.
I suppose the latency would have to = at least the length of the last reflection.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper View Post

this is what I thought aswell..

But then I read one of the.. "Mix Rescue" or whatever its called in Sound on Sound I think it was.. And the use of a plugin with the reverse reverb function was mentioned (which was supposed to produce the same results as bouncing down, adding reverb, reversing, etc..)

And I was doing lots of reverse reverb work last night and came to think about this.. Lost that magazine though so I have no clue on what plugin he was referring to..
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perx View Post
this is what I thought aswell..

But then I read one of the.. "Mix Rescue" or whatever its called in Sound on Sound I think it was.. And the use of a plugin with the reverse reverb function was mentioned (which was supposed to produce the same results as bouncing down, adding reverb, reversing, etc..)

And I was doing lots of reverse reverb work last night and came to think about this.. Lost that magazine though so I have no clue on what plugin he was referring to..
Which raises an interesting point. I always though it wound be a cool trick to make a "destructive" plug, an Audiosuite in PT, that would do just that. Put it on snare and it analyzes and prints reverse verb before and into the transient peak.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Waves IR-1 does it.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Use the trite Digi D-Verb 'Non- Lin'/100 % wet in Audiosuite.

Copy the original snare track. Process it then process it again with the Reverse plug-in.

Lop of the snare transient at the end so that all is left is the reverb.

Now you can align it wherever you want it to begin relative to the oiginal snare hit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search