The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LavryBlue or Rosetta 800 Digital Converters
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

LavryBlue or Rosetta 800

I've look around for this comparison and can't seem to find it. So I'm wondering is the Larvy that much better then the Rosetta? Seeing how I can get the Rossetta wich has 8 channels of A/D D/A for cheaper still then just two channels of the Larvy. Which I would only assume means the Larvy is in a much higher league then the Rosetta. Is this correct? My only Converting experience is with the 002, which I will soon change! Also as I'm sure you all know the Rosetta has Dithering as well. Please shed some light.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for Jesus

Lots of threads on the Lavry's around here......

I have a Rosetta 800 and it works fine for tracking and mixing. Its clocked from a 16X

Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon -10 View Post
I've look around for this comparison and can't seem to find it. So I'm wondering is the Larvy that much better then the Rosetta? Seeing how I can get the Rossetta wich has 8 channels of A/D D/A for cheaper still then just two channels of the Larvy. Which I would only assume means the Larvy is in a much higher league then the Rosetta. Is this correct? My only Converting experience is with the 002, which I will soon change! Also as I'm sure you all know the Rosetta has Dithering as well. Please shed some light.
If clarity is what you're after then go with Lavry, on the other if you want a converter with that analog interpretation(smeared sound) then go with the Rosetta 800. Don't get me wrong quite few people enjoy the Apogee sound. I'm a Lavry man myself coming from Apogee.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obostic View Post
If clarity is what you're after then go with Lavry, on the other if you want a converter with that analog interpretation(smeared sound) then go with the Rosetta 800. Don't get me wrong quite few people enjoy the Apogee sound. I'm a Lavry man myself coming from Apogee.
What this man says.

- another Lavry man coming from Apogee
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Lots of threads on the Lavry's around here......
Yes I realize this, I've probably read 90% of the posts on both pieces a gear. But never found a Vs. post.
My Concern is I need 4 channels and 4 channels of the larvy will be about 5000CDN, while 8 of the Rosetta I can get for 2550. I have no problem investing the extra 2450 for a much better representation of sound. But if the difference is slight and all I will hear is a small coloration(that a lot of people don't seem to mind) it seems like I should get the Rosetta and invest the 2450 in some better comps or something... Unless of course any extra money I invest in better analogue gear, their benefits will be lost on the Rosetta.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for Jesus

Lavry for mastering

Rosetta for tracking and mixing

thats what i would do

Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

The Rosetta 800 is an excellent unit, save your cash for something else. Lavry Blue is nothing special to my ears.

Z
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by obostic View Post
Don't get me wrong quite few people enjoy the Apogee sound.
Quite few
I think more than you imagine
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search