The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Could this POS be made decent? Single-Channel Preamps
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Could this POS be made decent?

Could replacing most of the electronics make this a usable summing mixer?

Buy Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1602 16-Input Line Mixer at Musician's Friend

I'm looking into a diy summer, but have yet to find a full package kit with the box etc. I know there are 50 of them at groupdiy, but can't seem to register on there etc.

I know this brand is evil. Many sorries.

-poor rich
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Seriously....

This whole 'summing' thing has gone too far.

There's a Dangerous summing box at my studio. The difference in sonics is subtle, but appreciable under close scrutiny. If it was stolen from the studio tomorrow I would never say "Nooooo... I can't mix now!"

Have you ever compared your ITB summing to outboard summing? If you had, I doubt you'd ever consider a behringer summing box.

A summing box may sound subtly different than your ITB summing..... A small format mixer may or may not lead you to make quicker more intuitive decisions and improve your workflow.

A bunch of Behringer IC's aren't going to improve on anything.... IMHO

Don't do it man, just don't. There are much better and more useful places to spend $100.... although I suppose it could be considered an investment in your audio education...
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

thanks.

Don't worry; I'm not the kind of person who jumps on every bandwagon. I was asking for the sake of not having to start from scratch. I would like to put out 8 stereo submixes during my final mix. I am sick of lining up all my individual L-R tracks when I dump out submixes through my 2 Chameleon Labs 7602's for stereo eq and through an outboard comp and back in. This would allow me to keep everything lined up and use my outboard gear. I really don't care that much about what it would add. That would be a bonus. Thanks for your concern and attempt to save me 100 of my hard earned doll hairs.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I did

By the way..I did compare an ITB mix to my only other option at the time; which was a Tascam M2600 24 channel. I wasn't that impressed; but I did like the real time all-at-once summing to 2 channels (no manual lining up of stuff)...which is why I'm looking into a summing box.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search