The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
bloopers
Old 28th August 2007
Captain

bloopers

Looks like someone is checking out this thread from Gearslutz !! 10 Recording Bloopers That Made the Album - Hometracked

Shipshape
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the link. I thought I'd been to pretty much all the recording websites but there's one I hadn't seen.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I love this quote: "I like to think there’s a special seat in hell reserved for those who abuse Autotune this way."
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Is this what the kiddies are learning today?

"This is a cop-out. There are “perfect takes,” for sure, but for a professional (or a self-described genius like John Lennon) there’s no such thing as a take so perfect it can’t be recreated."

"This is another cop-out. Mixing engineers have their own version of the fourth wall, and Pensado broke it with this mix. Honest or not, the bleed reminds listeners of the technology used to record, and that distracts us from Aguilera’s performance."

We're doomed. Forest for the trees and all that.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Excluded from mention RE: Police's Roxanne -- The band has claimed in interviews that the single keyboard chord at the head of the song was a mistake left in. Supposedly, Sting leaned on a piano before the take, thinking the keyboard lid was closed, and it wasn't. That's not an engineering gaff, but, if true, is a good example of capitalizing on a lucky goof-up.

RE: Aguilera's Beautiful: I'd read the producer say that take was obtained by having Christina lie on her back in the dark and take her mind off "performing the song" and onto getting into the interior emotion of the song. And they chose it because it captured her feelings the best. I think that's good reason enough to use it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search