The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Duende Drumstrip vs SPL TD4 vs Creamware, etc. Channel Strip Plugins
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Duende Drumstrip vs SPL TD4 vs Creamware, etc.

Seems like transient designers are the theme of the day so far. Seeing the few threads here this morning has re-kindled my agony re: this very subject.

I have been wanting a solution for this particular application for quite a while.

I simply can not afford the TD4 right now. I can (barely) afford the 2. I can also (far more easily) afford the Creamware plug-in model of the SPL, or the SSL Drumstrip plug-in option for the Duende (which I have, of course), or the Sony, etc...

In terms of software, unless the SPL model, the Sony or any other is is WAAAAY better than Drumstrip, I'd be more inclined to buy the SSL piece:

A - Because it really is great - sounds great, works great, very flexible, etc.

B - Adds to the Value of the Duende

C - Is moderately portable, like hardware

D - Puts 0 load on my CPU

BUT, if the hardware SPL sounds a lot better, maybe I'll hold out and save for the TD4. I know something like this can help me with my drum mixes quite a bit.

When I was Demo'ing Drumstrip it brought my drum mixing and sound to a whole new place! I'm dieing to get back to that place and stay there!

I started a project with a new band last night,. This is going to be a 3 month project. They are ready to work VERY hard to make this CD (demo?) sound very, VERY good. I KNOW I can squeeze a lot more out of the drums with a transient designer...I just want to get the right one.

I wish there was a way, like software, to demo hardware for free (with no up front cost). But, this is not a perfect world. I guess that is why we make threads like this on GS and other sites. I am trying to gain a little bit of insight, based on the experiences of others.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search