The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADK mics: Are they really "that" good? Condenser Microphones
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

ADK mics: Are they really "that" good?

Seems like these things get many positive reviews.

Should I save same some bucks and go with one of these instead of a 2247 LE or Pearlman?

I "want" the hype to be true about the ADK stuff. But in the end, will I still long for one of the above mics if I buy ADK?
Old 28th August 2007
Deleted User
Hard to say, I have a Pearlman TM1 and Im looking at getting the ADK TC for Vox as Ive heard it on a few CD's and I like the sound of it.
Old 28th August 2007

no. they are really not very good, HOWEVER - for a hobbysit they are certainly worth the money.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I have the TC with the new Capsule and it sounds beautiful. I use it on voice, acoustic, etc and all I can say is it doesnt sound like a hobbyist sound to me. Its all in what you put in front it and the preamp you use. I highly recommend they higher end mics.

Jason
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I have a matched pair of the ADK-TL's that I like a lot, whether or not some people consider them 'hobbyist' mics.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Head

ADK

I had a demo of about 30 different mics, with the aim to probably choose between Neuman and AKG. The outcome was that I actually went for an ADK A48. That's because this mic is exactly suited to my voice (I'm not going to pretend that everyone else should follow suit). The moral of this story is: a live demo of some mics is of more use than any review you might happen to read!!

Good luck / happy hunting..

Old 28th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecorwin View Post
I have a matched pair of the ADK-TL's that I like a lot, whether or not some people consider them 'hobbyist' mics.
I think they are an upgrade compared to modern 414s [the TL is clearer, wider, less boxy IME], which people consider a utility pro standard...so no, they are FAR from 'hobbyist'. I also think the TL is far better suited for overheads than the TC [which is a great mic, but too much high mid presence for drum overhead usage for my tastes].
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Tony Visconti is a fan. He has mentioned the 51 in an article I read about the making of a recent David Bowie album.

Personally I have no experience with them, but I see no reason why they would be bad.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search