The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PMC vs. Adam???
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear
PMC vs. Adam???

Tryin to pick out new monitors for under and around $5000 a pair. So far it seems like Adam and PMC are the top two in this price range. Has anyone compared these two side by side?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

i use both side by side as A and B monitors.

if i could only choose one to marry it would be the PMCs.

their ability to portray dynamics across the whole frequency spectrum, ie their transient response, is stunning. i trust them completely. they taught me what compressors were actually doing and it was a revelation.

the ADAMs are great too, but as a ported (reflex-loaded) design, well, i'm just not a big fan of ported designs. they do also have superb transient response, but i feel that it is only really from the ribbon tweeter and does not extend to the lower mids and bass... which i feel is the downfall of all reflex-loaded designs. the PMCs transmission line overcomes this brilliantly and their low-end extension is more natural and has more authority than an equivalent size / price class of ADAMs.

i bought the ADAMs to compliment my PMCs because of the sheer level and clarity of detail that their ribbon tweeters reveal in the high mids and higher frequencies.

you should of course try both and decide for yourself, in your own working environment, etc. as this is all just purely personal taste.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search