The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with EQ knobs! Consoles
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Help with EQ knobs!

*Apologies if this is a newbie question*
I just got an older console with parametric eq. On many channels, the sweep knobs are stuck (when turning the sweep, the main pot also turns). I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to loosen the sweep knobs so they independently turn? I have tried manually turning them to get them loose, but some are ridiculously stuck! Thanks in advance for any info guys.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

a few of the sends on my board were stuck when i got it...

i took the knob off and turned the pot with a pair of needle nose pliers...knobs work fine now...

dont know if that is recommended though
Old 28th August 2007
you either need new tension lock washers underneath the console channel face, or the face is slotted and you need to re align the metal tab on the pot with its hole. what kinda console is it? dont take knob off and twist entire pot. mostl likely you are turning the gain pot in that band with the wires soldered bretween the two, these will break/make poor contact and you will have to open it up any way. good luck.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry, guys. The console is a Soundcraft 8000 that I just picked up from a movie lot!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search