The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio-Technica: Good Customer Service Condenser Microphones
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

Audio-Technica: Good Customer Service

I just wanted to say that I had a great experience when dealing with the Audio-Technica parts department. I needed parts for a discontinued mic (ATM-25) and they were extremely helpful. They emailed me a PDF diagragm with all the names and model numbers of all the mic parts, so that I could properly identify the ones I needed. They were very kind and helpful on the phone, and sent me the parts very quickly. I wish I could say that more companies had customer service as good as this. Thumbs up to Audio-Technica.

Cheers,

Rappy
Old 28th August 2007
Jai guru deva om

100% good treatment for us and our customers, could not agree more!

War
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Head

I've had good experiences too!

I have an AT-4060 that I love, but I've had problems with tubes blowing (3 times now). They have been very helpful - gave me a free tube one time, and they're turnaround is very quick. I'd consider buying more AT stuff!
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

Next person who calls for ATM-25 parts please make a plea for returning it heh. I really, really wanna try them out on a lot of things (kick, toms, bass, maybe even freak vocals?)
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I have a 4060 and broke one of the rubber bands in the shock. I called fully expecting to pay for the part but they sent me 3 free of charge. That factored in big today when I bought 2 AT4047's and 2 ATM450's.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I've been thinking of starting a "Bring back the ATM25" petition!
Old 29th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nighman View Post
I'll sign it a thousand times...

Here's the email I sent to A-T last year after trying the "replacements" for the ATM-25:

Quote:
To: [email protected]
Subject: Disappointment with new Artist Series mics

Hi,

My name is Don Gunn and I'm a recording engineer in Seattle; I'm a HUGE fan of A-T mics and use them in my own studio and a number of beautifully appointed studios here in town. I currently own the following and recommend them constantly to other engineers and musicians:

ATM25 (x3)
ATM23he (x4)
AE3000
AT4040 (x2)
AT4041 (x2)
AT825

I was shocked and disappointed to hear that the ATM25 and ATM23he were discontinued and replaced by the ATM250/ATM250DE, but I was also excited to try the new mics out and, hopefully, have a couple of new favorites. I borrowed both of the new mics from my dealer and set about making A/B/C tests between them and one of my ATM25s on a number of kick drums in my studio.

I'm crushed. I'm gutted. When placed in the same positions and using the same preamps, neither of the two new mics have nearly the bottom-end that the ATM25 does (even though the response graphs show a pronounced hump below 100Hz for both the 250 and the dynamic element of the 250DE - they both sounded very "boxy" with a preponderance of low-mids). They also lacked the top boost presence of the ATM25, so the beater snap is reduced.

I'm no luddite and all for progress, but only when something new is better than what is being replaced. I'll continue scouring ebay for the remaining ATM25s...

Regards,

Don Gunn
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nighman View Post
I'll sign it, x 100 heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search