The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Small run (500 to 1000) CD Manufacturer - suggestions please
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Small run (500 to 1000) CD Manufacturer - suggestions please

Hi,

I live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and I am looking for a decent company that can do small to medium sized run on CD replications (500 to 1000 copies).

Has anyone here used a company that is reputable, professional and cost effective ?

They don't have to be in the GTA but it wouldn't hurt if they happened to be at least somewhere in North America. I don't really where they are located as long as everything nets out after shipping etc...

Thanks
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

for a run of 1000, i recommend Nettleingham Audio in vancouver, wa. about $1.25 per unit, full color retail ready.

for short runs like 100-200, try the CD Poster Shop, in salem, OR. about $2.50 per unit.

i have not found any cost effective way to do a run of 500 - it is way cheaper per unit to do 1000 than 500.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

What about Diskmakers and Oasis? Anyone use them?
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

If you're looking for your clients Discmakers has a pretty cool "partner" program that gives you a little return on your recommendation.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for Jesus

Disk Faktory

I use Disk Faktory.. ask for Katie, 1-888 877-6777 Ext# 229 she will take good care of you

There plant is just around the corner from my studio

Diskfaktory.com --#1 CD Duplication, DVD Duplication & CD Replication, DVD Replication Headquarters

Tell her Steve at Creation Studios says hi

PS.... im not affiliated and i dont make any money on referrals, just trying to help

Old 28th August 2007
jhg
Lives for gear

Try talking to Odds On in Las Vegas. If you may be doing this a few times, some Rimage and Microboards machines can be kinda painless. Make studio some money, especially with graphics and mastering capabilities...

Yours perhaps way-offingly,

jhg

Last edited by jhg; 28th August 2007 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: punctuation, dammit
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Vector Media : Vector Media - CD Manufacturing, CD Replication, CDR Reproduction, Graphic Design, and Web Design

Talk to Greg. Great guy, flexible on timelines and he can teach you a thing or two about what to do once you actually have those cd's in your hands. There are plenty of great companies for this type of service, what it really comes down to is the relationship you can foster wherever you take your money.

Others that I like :

NationWide Disc for good, inexpensive and FAST printing

Great Lakes Multimedia
Great Lakes Media Technology : DVD and CD Replication and Duplication, New Media, VHS... Total Media Solutions

All of the above have been excellent for me in the past.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Out of curiosity, anyone work with a company in the GTA or anywhere else in Canada ?
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I send my clients to DiscMakers if they ask me for a recommendation, and I/they have not had a problem yet. Great folks there, great service too.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

+1 Discmakers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search