The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digimax question Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Digimax question

Hey all,

I'm running PTLE 7.3 with a 002r, and looking to add 8 channels. The Digimax FS has everything I'm looking for except -20dB pads. When close miking drums, the pre's on my 002 clip even with the gain all the way down. Has anyone had similar issues with the Digimax FS? I notice that all the earlier models feature a pad on each channel. I've done some searching, and read some great reviews, but I can't find much help in this area. Thanks,

C
Old 27th August 2007
I have an older Digimax with pads; when close micing a loud drummer you're probably going to end up with some peaks on the Digimax if you aren't using pads. If you're really interested in the Digimax FS you could just pick up a couple of inline pads, such as these guys:

Pro Co MAX20 | Sweetwater.com

Depending on the mics and micing techniques you're using, this could still be a more inexpensive option than upgrading to the Digimax LT.

Hope this helps,

Cory Spotts
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

I've used this one before, although not on drums. If I recall correctly, the 10:00 position is actually unity gain, so below that functions like a pad. You may want to confirm that though, it's been a while since I used it.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone actually used a Digimax FS to track close mic'd drums?

C
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorblind View Post
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone actually used a Digimax FS to track close mic'd drums?

C
Yes. And you have nothing to worry about. Its a great piece of gear. You shouldn't have any problems close micing a drum kit with these.

Craig
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Super. Thanks again guys.

C
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

The other nice thing about this one is that it has inserts, so you can use compressors with it.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm selling a DIgimax and other things in the Second Hand section of GS... if you're interested.
*Great Stuff Forsale* Ends today and tomorrow
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

I'm using an FS all the time on drums, you've got nothing to worry about.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search