The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools and MIDI mixing DAW Software
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

Pro Tools and MIDI mixing

I use battery 3 for my drum beats, and i was wondering if there is a way to bus an audio track for each individual midi note, while keeping all the midi data as one track. is this possible to do? otherwise for mixing, im going to have to create an instrument track for every sound, so id have to have the battery plug-in open like 7 times.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Just to clarify, you actually want to have an audio track for each individual cell in battery correct? I know battery is capable of doing this. It automatically loads the audio tracks in SX3. Not sure how to go about it in PT though. Check the battery manual .
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMac View Post
I use battery 3 for my drum beats, and i was wondering if there is a way to bus an audio track for each individual midi note, while keeping all the midi data as one track. is this possible to do? otherwise for mixing, im going to have to create an instrument track for every sound, so id have to have the battery plug-in open like 7 times.
FWIW, Session Drummer 2 in Sonar 6P does this perfectly. Thought I'd pass this just along in case you might be thinking about another DAW app.

DaveT
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

You can record all the sounds to a single midi track, but when it comes time to record each sound to a seperate audio track... go back into battery and mute all the sounds except one. Repeat for each sound.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruk View Post
You can record all the sounds to a single midi track, but when it comes time to record each sound to a seperate audio track... go back into battery and mute all the sounds except one. Repeat for each sound.
neruk ur brilliant. u could have told me in person though
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search