The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best cheap ribbon mics up to $250 Ribbon Microphones
Old 25th October 2018
din
Gear Maniac

+1 rm biv
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
When doing GJ you shouldn't hard pan the overheads. Johns himself suggests about 3-9 panning. I was teaching in this instance and had each student come up to the console and listen for the BD and SD to become center as I panned in the mics.

I haven't done recorderman in a while, I really should again. I actually usually use Octava MC012 in ORTF.
I'm going to try Remoteness' spaced pair of high-mounted M160s shooting straight down.

I'm doing a lot of live off the floor stuff, so I need to maximize rejection, which both GJ and Recorderman don't excel at.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
I'm going to try Remoteness' spaced pair of high-mounted M160s shooting straight down.

I'm doing a lot of live off the floor stuff, so I need to maximize rejection, which both GJ and Recorderman don't excel at.
Yeah, that's true. Parallel to the floor figure 8s can be helpful if they are lower. The M160's tight pattern should be a good thing for that too.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

Yeah, that's true. Parallel to the floor figure 8s can be helpful if they are lower. The M160's tight pattern should be a good thing for that too.
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by din View Post
+1 rm biv
Seems to be out of stock on eBay but I’m tempted. Site seems so sketchy though and shipping could be problematic by the sounds of it.
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Seems to be out of stock on eBay but I’m tempted. Site seems so sketchy though and shipping could be problematic by the sounds of it.
Have you checked out the LRM-2?
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Have you checked out the LRM-2?
Nope.
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Nut
Has anyone ever felt the need to do any mods on the RM-BIV mics? Or is this a good buy because it's modestly priced and doesn't need further investment? I record mostly classical music (strings), if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

Get a Shure 300 or 315 amazing mic...if RCA wasn't such an icon these Mike's woulda been all over
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Guru
The NoHype new ribbon has a good thread going. The developer talks about other mics which is refreshing, and is a mic I'll be reaching for when making a purchase. If I'm going higher price, I'd be looking at Stager or the new AEA cardoid mic......I just need to make some money!
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Nut
Any experiences with the Recording Tools MRP-01?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search