The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
got a flyer from guitar center advertising the LIST! Condenser Microphones
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

got a flyer from guitar center advertising the LIST!

Do you guys remember this thread
[URL="https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/134054-gearslutz-huge-gear-sale.html"]
I
left the flyer in the car that my wife currently has so I
can't remember what it said but it was talking about "did you miss out on the list? well we have the list"
and on the front of the flyer is a kid that looks like he is surfing the internet.
My scanner is on the fritz so if anybody has the same GC promotion try to upload it!

Somebody at GC is a Gearslut reader!

Last edited by mic anon; 26th August 2007 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: repeat the question please
Old 26th August 2007
JB3
Gear Addict

Sorry, but are you referring to the list originally spoken of by Patrox247 in a previous post here on GS?
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

Yeah GC sent me a promo flyer today saying they have the real list!
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

Be careful what you say around here you never know who's lurking around

If i can get my scanner to work i'll upload the flyer later, unless somebody can beat me to it.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Please explain what you're talking about.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

China Jam look at my first post and go to the link.

come on i know guitar center didn't only send me the flyer advertising their labor Day sale!

Last edited by mic anon; 26th August 2007 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: hindsight is 20 20
Old 26th August 2007
JB3
Gear Addict

If I'm not going crazy (which cannot be vouched for, certifiably). A loooong thread ensued upon the posting of a studio closing in Orange County CA (?) which would trigger the availability of a number of useful studio items that Gearslutz might be able to have first shot.

The ensuing thread was both funny, amazing, and for the original poster, a little daunting.

The 'list' of equipment (of which there never really was, posted or available), has supposedly now turned up as a GC Sale list...

But I do believe its a mailer from Joseph Finn/BidSpotter for a two day Audio Video Auction of a studio in New York City...4 SSL 900J's on down.

Public Auction Sale 2 Day Sale* MON

Or is this a different list mic anon?

...JB

Last edited by JB3; 26th August 2007 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Added Auction Reference
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

different list.

I will have to upload the flyer tomorrow when i get a chance.

stay tuned......
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

I believe this is what you're referring to?

Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

I'll probably go, see if I can score something sweet. I kind of want a bass, maybe I can get one dirt cheap... Or some cheap stands and cables. I need more mics too... Who knows, I'll see if they can beat eBay.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Ha, that is funny. A coincidence maybe? Have they done this before??
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Guru

Oh please, just a GC sales gimmick. Come to the sale, and get the list! Unbelievable savings await!
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoppenheffer View Post
I'll probably go, see if I can score something sweet. I kind of want a bass, maybe I can get one dirt cheap... Or some cheap stands and cables. I need more mics too... Who knows, I'll see if they can beat eBay.
You can go to GC on any one of the 365 days in the year and negotiate the same price. There is nothing really special about any of the "sales events" other than the advertising to get you into the store.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

they do this all the time i get these year round like they do it 4 5 times a year basically labor day july 4th christman and memmorial day.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
You can go to GC on any one of the 365 days in the year and negotiate the same price. There is nothing really special about any of the "sales events" other than the advertising to get you into the store.
Yeah you're right, but the less talking to them I have to do, the happier I am... haha
Old 26th August 2007
JB3
Gear Addict

LOL

It really is

The List

!

Old 26th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoppenheffer View Post
Yeah you're right, but the less talking to them I have to do, the happier I am... haha
Nah, they won't bite. I worked on the other side of the counter at GC Pro Audio for a couple of years. You can definitely work the price down if you try. Find the best prices on the internet and go in with some ammunition.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

I like to buy one thing and ask for free stuff. For instance, I bought a Rode NT4, and got them to give a DR stand. Saved me like 70 bucks, worked out pretty good.
Old 26th August 2007
Is this where I put my name on the list?

Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

it sounds more like "the secret'

you can get stuff if you just think about it enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

funny video
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

I was explaining the "up to 50% off" aspect of those sales to my son. Now the boss guitar pedals retail list price is something like $180. Anybody who actually pays that much for one should be immediately placed in the guiness book of world records.

So, anyway, every day of the week the boss pedals are 50% off.

Remember "up to 50%" means that only one item in the store need actually have that much of a discount. Normally its a guitar case made out of cardboard covered with black wallpaper.

And the other thing is that the items in the catalogue are not necessarily any cheaper than their regular discounts. Its mostly for moms who are there to buy their son his first guitar and amp--the salesman's dream...
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
i dunno about all that. last year at the memorial day sale i tried to get them to sell me a pair of event asp8's for $900 out the door. they wouldn't do it. the closest they came was $971 plus tax. :rolleyes:

so i walk in at the labor day sale not 4 months later and they've got the asp8's for $600/pair. that's almost $400 less than their "best price" on memorial day. needless to say, out came the visa.

and a few years ago on memorial day i got a blue dragonfly for $425.

so while i agree with you that for the most part, you can get the same prices on 99% of the junk there on any day..........there *are* occasional deals to be had that seem to be exclusive to the big sale days.

i'll be there, that's for sure--never know what you might find.

cheers,
wade
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrface2112 View Post
i dunno about all that. last year at the memorial day sale i tried to get them to sell me a pair of event asp8's for $900 out the door. they wouldn't do it. the closest they came was $971 plus tax. :rolleyes:

so i walk in at the labor day sale not 4 months later and they've got the asp8's for $600/pair. that's almost $400 less than their "best price" on memorial day. needless to say, out came the visa.

It could be that the manufacturers pricing had changed. Did you check any other stores during that 4 months?
Old 26th August 2007
The list, the list, the list, the list is on fire!
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Could this be called Swindler's List?

Truth is I went to one of these sales at GC several years ago and got 2 Blue Mouse mics for $500 for the pair new. That was cool.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search