The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peluso CEMC6 vs. Josephson C42 on Drum Overheads Condenser Microphones
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear
Peluso CEMC6 vs. Josephson C42 on Drum Overheads

Hey guys what are your opinions on Peluso CEMC6 vs. Josephson C42 on Drum overheads. I am mainly concerned with the cymbal clarity and separation. Anybody have experience with both? Music I am playing can be found at Welcome to Mantra Band Site I am looking for which one sounds "better". As a reference for "better" I really like the sound of these new drum instruction videos. They seem to have that "studio perfect" sound that I am after. I don't care which one sounds more like real life cuz who said real life sounds that great. Any side by side comparison samples would probably seal the deal for me.
Old 25th August 2007
Peluso= Jazz, classical and country
C42= Rock!!!!
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear
Thanks Nutra. But my group is a Jazz Rock Fusion group. We play everything from bluegrass to jazz fusion to funk to modern progressive jazz rock to progressive metal. Music can be found at Welcome to Mantra Band Site. What to do? My thoughts are to get the Pelusos and get large condensors for the heavy stuff.
Old 25th August 2007
Get the Pelusos for the clean stuff and the atm450's for the heavy

The Beyer mc930 is ultra detailed. Talk to warren aka warhead about this.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear
After listening to the beyer mc930 it sounds too raw to me almost like a ribbon mic. I already have a royer r121 for that sound. I need something cleaner and I think the peluso's are exactly the mic I have been looking for. Very clean clear focused detailed, etc... I think its going to give me that "studio perfect" sound I hear from those drum instruction videos only better because I don't think those engineers know about the pelusos.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

You might want to look into the Chameleon Labs TS-1
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear
First time I am hearing of this chameleon labs ts-1. Looks cool. Any audio samples anywhere. Have you or anyone else A\B'd it against the pelusos.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Addict

I own the Pelusos and they have a great sound, clean and not aggressive but they take very well EQ so, in my opinion they can be great for all kind of music. I also love them on acoustic guitar.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Addict
I can't seem to find a frequency response chart anywhere for the peluso's. Anyone know if one exhists?
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear
Which one has a cleaner more polished sound the Pelusos or the josephsons?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search