The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx Aurora 8 and ISA 429 Digital I/O Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Lynx Aurora 8 and ISA 429 Digital I/O

I just got the ISA428, I bought it without the Digital I/O Card, but now I'm thinking I should get a card and use it with my Aurora 8 to add 4 additional In's to my system.

How does the ISA 428 Digital I/O Card stand up against the Aurora Converters? I would use the ISA-428 on drum mics.

How to I go about using the Digital I/O on my Aurora 8 with the Digital I/O on my Focusrite ISA428?

BTW, I'm using this on a Protools HD2 Accel rig.

Will there be any latency associated with going from the Digital Out on the 428 through the Digital In on the Aurora.

I'm looking at adding another Aurora 16 to my system, which would make this moot, but for the sake of discussion, what are your thoughts.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

I don't know if you realize this but the 428 can actually add 8 additional ins to your system as the 4 mic pres go through the converter card and another 4 ADC ins can go straight to the converter. You could also just use it as a 4 channel A/D but for $600 you could find something better.

IMO the 428's are coolest when utilizing their AD card for exactly your purpose, 4 decent pres and A/D and and another 4 of conversion when more inputs are needed along side a front end of even better conversion/preamps --- thats how I intend to use mine.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search