The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon MX5 or Kurzweil Rumor or none... Plugin Bundles
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Lexicon MX5 or Kurzweil Rumor or none...

I've been 'itching' to get an external reverb box. I guess I'm just curious as to whether or not it will sound better (on a $600 budget) than plug-ins.

Unfortunately, this is being bought via a gift certificate (long story), so I'm limited to what I can get/order from GC.

I can order either one of these units. I've also heard decent things about the M-One from TC.

I want to hear from people that have used or tried both of these (or all 3, including the M-One). I need to know if they beat out plug-in reverbs in terms of sound quality, tails, ease of use, etc.

The MX500 is very intriguing because of the firewire/VST plug-in thing. That is a very cool feature. I've heard/read mixed reviews on the Lex MX series stuff.

I know a lot of people like the Rumor, but I want to hear it from folks that have heard both units, if possible.

If neither are worth the money...in other words, if I am not going to gain any quality at this budget level, over software, I'll spend the money on something else. I already have the UAD-1 reverbs (plate 140, realverb, dreamverb). I also have Lexicon plugin verb and the Sonitus (which is surprisingly good and subtle).

If it isn't worth it, I'll spend the money on something else. I could use a few drum mics...maybe a 610 Solo or an S20. I suppose I could order them in and demo them, but that is cumbersome and of questionable ethics...I guess...or maybe not??

Please help me with your opinions...I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search