The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can't load S. Slate Elite Mixer into GOG Folder- what gives ? Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Can't load S. Slate Elite Mixer into GOG Folder- what gives ?

The book says put the Elite Mixer 1.5 folder into the GOG folder. When I do this it starts the copying process, but then freezes every time at exactly the 2.66 GB loaded mark.

I'm on a Mac G4 800mhz running OSX Panther 10.3.5

I have over 70 gigs of free HD space on this drive.

What gives ? Has anyone else had this problem ?

I looked at the back of the disc and there's the normal line that shows most all of the gigs have been recorded on, but then there's another line within that line which I've never seen before on a DVD.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Thats a weird issue. When you click on the DVD icon can you navigate through the GOGs? Is there any error? If so you may have a weird disc. Do you have a DVD burner? If you keep having the error, try copying the DVD and see if your machine likes the copy better. Either way we'll send you a fresh disc no problem. Email me because you need to hear these hits.
[email protected] att Joel

Joel
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

The DVD is kinda weird. Maybe I just got a funky burn, but it took a while to install. One of those "6 minutes left" then up to "74 minutes left" for a while like it's hanging on a file or two, then down to "2 minutes left" deals. It ended up installing fine, tho. I'm on PC. You might just have a bad burn, I'm sure the guys'll take care of you.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

If anyone has ANY issues with the disc or gets errors let us know and we'll replace it immediately. that email again is
[email protected]
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
The DVD is kinda weird. Maybe I just got a funky burn, but it took a while to install. One of those "6 minutes left" then up to "74 minutes left" for a while like it's hanging on a file or two, then down to "2 minutes left" deals. It ended up installing fine, tho. I'm on PC. You might just have a bad burn, I'm sure the guys'll take care of you.
Well, man it stalls at that 2.66 GB mark for, like, 5 minutes or more and I just assumed that something had to be whacko.

Do you think if I let it sit for 10 minutes frozen that it might suddenly start loading again ? Maybe I was too impatient ?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage691 View Post
Well, man it stalls at that 2.66 GB mark for, like, 5 minutes or more and I just assumed that something had to be whacko.

Do you think if I let it sit for 10 minutes frozen that it might suddenly start loading again ? Maybe I was too impatient ?
Perhaps. I've gotten DVDs burned from venues before that have taken a good 10 minutes to get over a hump while ripping them.

You can also try re-burning it like Joel suggested. Sometimes just using another program to rip/copy/etc. a DVD will do the trick.

Give it a try!
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
Thats a weird issue. When you click on the DVD icon can you navigate through the GOGs? Is there any error? If so you may have a weird disc. Do you have a DVD burner? If you keep having the error, try copying the DVD and see if your machine likes the copy better. Either way we'll send you a fresh disc no problem. Email me because you need to hear these hits.
[email protected] att Joel

Joel

OK Guys, I think I see where I went wrong.

Instead of opening that 1st folder on the DVD "Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition", I tried to drag that one into the GOG folder. Upon further examination I notice that there are 3 seperate files in that folder, and one of them has the same title of "1.5 elite mixer edition".

So I assume this is the one they are referring to in the manual.

I'm now going to try this.

Do I need to copy the basic 1.5 edition folder as well, or is it already contained within the 1.5 elite folder ?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Copy the first folder into your GOG folder in your Drumagog directory, then copy the next two folders into your SteveSlateDrums samples folder.

Can't wait to start using these puppies tomorrow! I've been holding out on two projects to take advantage of the adjustable Z4 ambiance triggering! heh
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Yes just to be clear on this (and btw we are getting installers made but I didn't want to push the release back because of them)

First Folder is: Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition

In that folder are three folders:

The wav folders which are
Steven Slate Drums 1.5
Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer

AND the GOG folder which is:
GOGS (Put Contents into GOG FILES)

and this last folder is the ACTUAL GOG folder which is:
Steven Slate Drums 1.5 EM

and that folder has the GOGS.

Now that I look at all thats its slightly confusing. Sorry. My bad on that.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Yes just to be clear on this (and btw we are getting installers made but I didn't want to push the release back because of them)

First Folder is: Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition

In that folder are three folders:

The wav folders which are
Steven Slate Drums 1.5
Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer

AND the GOG folder which is:
GOGS (Put Contents into GOG FILES)

and this last folder is the ACTUAL GOG folder which is:
Steven Slate Drums 1.5 EM

and that folder has the GOGS.

Now that I look at all thats its slightly confusing. Sorry. My bad on that.

OK Thanks,

But now after loading that "Steven Slate Drums 1.5 EM" folder into my GOG folder, when I insert a DrumaGog onto a track in PT the only choices of presets I get are 3 snare samples.

So should I just load the GOGS themselves into the GOG folder ?

Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
also cleared my GOG folder, and loaded 1.5 (non-Elite) sound folder, restarted CPU, launched PT and inserted a DrumaGog and STILL the only choices I get are some snare samples.

What gives ?

Is DrumaGog somehow failing to see all of these samples ?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

try this:

make a copy of the folder, name it ********2 or something.
place the NEW folder in the GOGs folder
open drumagog in your program and see if it's there

OSX can be weird with Dgog
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueROom View Post
try this:

make a copy of the folder, name it ********2 or something.
place the NEW folder in the GOGs folder
open drumagog in your program and see if it's there

OSX can be weird with Dgog

Well, I did what you said (copied and then loaded the new copied folder into GOG with a new name), and still I only get 3 snare samples to choose fro -- Snare9Z2, Snare 9Z3, and Snare9Z4.

Man, I never dreamed I would run into this problem! I even re-installed DrumaGog fresh just to make sure that wasn't screwed up.

I sure hope somebody can steer me the right way whether this is a DrumaGog software issue, or whether it is the Steven Slate disc.

Pulling out my hair at this point!
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

maybe try and update OSX ...I see you are pretty far behind the latest version (10.4.10)
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

This same thing happened with me on an OSX machine, I navigated to my drum folder but Drumagog didn't want to play nice with it. I'm going to settle this with WaveMachine Labs in the morning and have a fix. For now, just go BROWSE and navigate to the sample GOG you want to try stuff out. It'll work that way.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
This same thing happened with me on an OSX machine, I navigated to my drum folder but Drumagog didn't want to play nice with it. I'm going to settle this with WaveMachine Labs in the morning and have a fix. For now, just go BROWSE and navigate to the sample GOG you want to try stuff out. It'll work that way.

Thanks BANG !

Looking forward to that. Right now I feel like a young gril in a short miniskirt is playing TEASE with me, cause those snare samples sho did sound da good.
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

hey, I have the same problem with 3 Snare9 samples showing up...
Old 23rd November 2007
Gear Maniac

you must have an older disc, there is an easy fix, email us
[email protected]
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search