The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AES NYC : any rumors? Control Surfaces
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

The new Digidesign controller will replace the C24 and be $2000 more than the list price of the C24.....

That's all I can say........

Old 31st August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
The new Digidesign controller will replace the C24 and be $2000 more than the list price of the C24.....

That's all I can say........

Since several people have independently reported this (including myself), I think it's safe to say it's more than a rumor now.

I have also heard this: it will be called the C24, it will have a lower profile, like perhaps the old Pro Control or the smaller Venue. It will have a 'SOME' mushroom knobs.
Around $9-10k.

Almost makes no sense in that why would anyone buy a D-Command with this thing available? There HAS to be some serious limitations with it....

Neal
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_G View Post
Since several people have independently reported this (including myself), I think it's safe to say it's more than a rumor now.

I have also heard this: it will be called the C24, it will have a lower profile, like perhaps the old Pro Control or the smaller Venue. It will have a 'SOME' mushroom knobs.
Around $9-10k.

Almost makes no sense in that why would anyone buy a D-Command with this thing available? There HAS to be some serious limitations with it....

Neal
I actually have heard rumors of this a couple months ago, but ya never know. I didn't have any details other than there might be something to replace the C24.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_G View Post

Around $9-10k.

Neal
What could it not do that the D command can?

It better be able to use the icon mix groups..
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Montessi View Post
I heard War from Front End Audio was going to be singing and dancing to the hits of Broadway.

His fav was "The Sun will come out tomorrow".......... while tap dancing.

Good Luck War,

Peter
I think I will be working the music grinder as he dances like a monkey. heh

Glenn
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

At this years AES, Speck Electronics will be showing our 24 channel LiLo mixer. I will be available at booth #843 to demonstrate and answer questions about the LiLo and other Speck products.

Please stop by and say hello. We'll also have our 500 series EQ and the X.Sum mixer.
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We'll have a couple of new bits
Hardwear control........?
Old 1st October 2007
Gear Head
Digidesign - AES 2007

....giving away software? Could this mean software only version?
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcFarland View Post
[....giving away software? Could this mean software only version?
Since they are giving away 74 sets of software. I would say there's a good chance it's PT 7.4.
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcFarland View Post
Digidesign - AES 2007

....giving away software? Could this mean software only version?
ha ha ha ha!!!!

good one

Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Since they are giving away 74 sets of software. I would say there's a good chance it's PT 7.4.
Yeah, especially since they say to register if you're already a Pro Tools user...doesn't make it sound like a software-only version.
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB872 View Post
I know Behringer and professional is an oxymoron, but if they combined the BCF2000 and BCR 2000, added lcd scribble strips and a meterbridge...
...they'd have a Mackie Control Universal and C4.
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
...they'd have a Mackie Control Universal and C4.
Ya it would be something like that. But if you combine the BCR and BCF you'd have eight channels of faders, with four programmable encoders per channel, for a price around $600. I know a lot of people would be happy with just a dedicated control section for their eq's and dynamics, but I'd rather have a controller that resembles an analog board with eq's and dynamics on each channel (like a Euphonix without the $18K price tag)

What would you consider a non controller?
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Ya it would be something like that. But if you combine the BCR and BCF you'd have eight channels of faders, with four programmable encoders per channel, for a price around $600. I know a lot of people would be happy with just a dedicated control section for their eq's and dynamics, but I'd rather have a controller that resembles an analog board with eq's and dynamics on each channel (like a Euphonix without the $18K price tag)

What would you consider a non controller?
don't get me wrong; i've got a rather large emagic logic control rig in my studio that's got both 32 faders and a c4, so i'm not snoozing on the mackie control love.

it's all so 2002, though, isn't it? thus the snooze. ancient history.

i know what you mean about having the eq's etc. on each channel, but since adding the c4 recently, i find it's not such a trouble doing without all the per-channel controls: the c4 chases the selected fader channel, and given the small size of the control surface environment (about 60" across by around 18" deep) it's not a bother having a single control section in the middle.
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

New Purple 500-Series

Did anyone else notice the comment about the new Purple products on the Mercenary site. They reference a new 500-series pre, compressor and headphone amp.

MC(5)77 maybe?
Old 4th October 2007

i heard kiss is performing at the john hardy booth......just a rumour?

also, is it true EK used a pair of m-1's (x-y) on gene simmons' bloody vampire tongue
on the latest recordings....??

Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I really hope Behringer releases something along these lines. I've got a bcf and would like something just a tad bigger. And I don't want to be spend close to $1000 on something that doesn't even pass audio.

Ideally I'd like 16 faders, shuttle/ jog wheel, dedicated eq/ dynamics section. For around$500. Maybe I'm dreaming...
Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear
That Speck LiLo mixer is a very handsome piece of kit!
Old 4th October 2007
Gear Nut

BIG BIG News.....

A little bird has told me something very interesting...heh

Kevin Burgin, 2006 TEC award-winning designer for his design of the Rupert Neve Designs Portico Tape Emulator, who has worked alongside Rupert Neve for the last 10 years as senior designer along with Travis McDaniel (also a member of the Neve design team) have started a new endeavour... Burgin-McDaniel Designs. Both will be in attendance at the show and making the rounds. It is rumored that they were riding Harley's with Dylan's crew during the recent ACL fest and talking about some new products that will be announced to the public soon!! As I understand it there will be an official press release in the very near future. heh
Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlotus View Post
I really hope Behringer releases something along these lines. I've got a bcf and would like something just a tad bigger. And I don't want to be spend close to $1000 on something that doesn't even pass audio.

Ideally I'd like 16 faders, shuttle/ jog wheel, dedicated eq/ dynamics section. For around$500. Maybe I'm dreaming...
I couldn't see Behringer pricing 16 channels of faders with eq/dynamics for $500 since the BCF and BCR go for around $250 each. But I'm like you, I don't want to spend $7000 on a decent controller knowing that I could have 32 channels of faders with eq/dynamic per channel for around $2000 if Behringer were to combine and improve on these existing controllers.
Old 9th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince @ speck View Post
At this years AES, Speck Electronics will be showing our 24 channel LiLo mixer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search