The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Front End Channel Strip Suggestions Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Front End Channel Strip Suggestions

Okay, so Im looking for a great upgrade to my front end for the second album. I am currently running a voicemaster pro at the moment. Its a great little pre but I would like more tonal variation and body to the sound. I am recording mostly R&B male vocals and the occasional female soprano. I am a fan of the channel strip idea wherein as everything is right on the strip itself, Compression, Pre, EQ, etc. I am basically looking for an upgrade to my current setup without having to chain several peices of outboard gear. I am recording 1 track at a time.

I have been looking at the XLogic Alpha strip as a possibility. Has anyone had any experience with this peice of gear?

Are there any other suggestions out there within the similar price range? I'm running a handful of mid-ended mics: Rode K2, TLM103, Shure KSM, SP-C1. Currently Mbox2 Pro, but soon 003 Rack for conversion.

Budget: < 2K

Can some of you offer suggestions that would best suit me for my home studio?

Thanks,

-Mic1
Old 23rd August 2007
CKK
Lives for gear

Gyratec II - Sweeeeeeet strip.

Gyraf Audio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search