The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trigger Finger Drum Roll Help!!!! Keyboard Controllers
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Trigger Finger Drum Roll Help!!!!

HI guys...I just got a Trigga finger (Duh!!!) ... On the M-Audio site there is a demo video of its perfomance capabilities. I need the know how the velocity sensitive feature works on it. The guy on the video shows really cool drum rolls with this feature which could be great not just for drums but any sample...vocal cuts , 303 sounds etc. PLease Help
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

AFAIK it works like any other drum pad trigger. It outputs midi data. The midi data you use will mainly be the note and velocity data.

It's totally up to the midi device you are triggering as to what it does with that midi data.

What I find useful is to assign two pads to the same sample. Often I use a symmetrical keypad layout for this. Then you can play the same drum sample with two fingers, which makes rolls and flams very easy and natural.

But there probably is software out there that can do automatic rolls, if you like that sort of thing.

I don't know if it sends midi Aftertouch data - I would be surprised. That's like pad pressure data, but it wouldn't be of much use to drums, just synth stuff. A look at the midi implementation chart would confirm that - or just record a track of you pressing a pad, and look for any continuous controller midi events.
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Thx :)

Thats a good tip... i started experimenting with Battery 3, i think i'm getting somewhere . i'll have the details up as soon as i figure it out. I makes it much simpler and fun if u can play your drum pads as real drums. Thx again .. although i know for sure that iDrum has what i'm looking for but im not sucha great fan of it....
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search