The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Performance, integration with Mytek 8x192 and PT? DAW Software
Old 22nd August 2007
Performance, integration with Mytek 8x192 and PT?

I understand these are excellent converters.
Is there a card required to run with Pro Tools? Any comments from Mytek users on it's compatability with Pro Tools would be appreciated.
Old 23rd August 2007
Any Pro Tools users with Mytek 8x192 converters?
Old 23rd August 2007

hey.

check www.mytekdigital.com for info. They appear to have a card for HD.
Old 23rd August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
hey.

check www.mytekdigital.com for info. They appear to have a card for HD.
Thanks narcoman. I have been to their website. But I've also visited the Apogee website and they do not mention some integration issues they're having.
I'm really looking for some Mytek user comments on integration and performance.
Are there any quirks with PT "seeing" the Mytek...are there any hardware or software issues?
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
I understand these are excellent converters.
Is there a card required to run with Pro Tools? Any comments from Mytek users on it's compatability with Pro Tools would be appreciated.
Not an impartial post, but just an assurance that the current version of hardware and Protools firmware V3.1.5 are pretty stable with HD up to 7.3 (including ver 6)

The unit emulates a Digi 192 interface. We have customers with up to 3 units in a rig (2 units per card) and in mixed Digi HD192/Mytek with even more boxes. Mytek typically is the master clock for the system which helps the Protools and Digi interfaces additional to superior conversion.

192k users will benefit for 8 chan AES single wire digital transfer Protools<>8channel AES @ 192k single wire.

Give me a call at 646 613 1822 or email me at mihow2007(at)mytekdigital.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions, with answers based on feedback from other users.

Mytek Ptools HD Card owners who have earlier fimware revs should contact us to obtain up to date firmware.

Regards

Michal MYTEK DIGITAL USA
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search