The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
want to add some low-to-midrange reverb options Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

want to add some low-to-midrange reverb options

Right now almost all of my reverb options for mixing are ITB.

For guitar, I have the verbs on my VOX and Fender amps, the verbs on my GT-8 (yuck) and the re-201 cosm model stomp box (AWESOME!)

In my rack I have a cheap-but-fun Zoom Studio 1201. I *had* an LXP1 and LXP5, but both died.

As for plugs, I have the UAD-1 Plate 140 (favorite!!), plus the Dream-Verb and Realverb Pro. I also have the Sonitus Reverb (not too bad). There are a few free VST reverbs that I really like for certain things as well...ESPECIALLY the PSP Pianoverb!

I am wanting some different options, though. I sometimes find myself wishing I had more reverbs to choose from.

I've been doing a little bit of research, but it is difficult to know without hearing things. Direct feedback from user (like this community) can be a big help!

My budget is small, unfortunately. US $400 or less.

I know my options are limited. I'm inclined to buy outboard gear. I am not interested in 'investing' in plug-ins, but I will if that is my best bang-for-the-buck.

I've looked at and read a lot about the Classik Studio Reverb bundle from IK. People say good things about it. What about the Lexicon MX 300 or 400 (or MX200)? Some people trash them, some people like them. The VST feature seems cool too.

If the sound quality of this unit is the same as the Classik bundle, I'd much rather buy the hardware.

What other options are there, hardware and software, in that price range or lower. I'd like a Rumor, but that is ~$200 too much

Opinions?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthe View Post
I'd like a Rumor, but that is ~$200 too much

Opinions?
Well, you should be able to get a Rumour for under your $400.00 budget. I see them in the classifieds here for less than that on a pretty regular basis; in fact, I bought mine here for quite a bit less than $400.00.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd August 2007
The lower range lexicons are ok but IMO don't beat plugi-ins like revolver and altiverb
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

maybe save up, and buy altiverb?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Kurzweil Rumour
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

i got an mpx100 for about $150 (Aussie Dollars) 2nd hand, can't complain for the price i paid but i do think i have more flexibility with plugins.
Old 22nd August 2007
jhg
Lives for gear

How pleasing the rich early reflections can be...

For hardware reverb boxes, look to things like the Yamaha Rev5, 9 series(90,900, 990) Lexicon PCM lower numbers, Sony reverbs; if you see a R7, maybe a DPSV77, cheap, go for it.

Generic plugins can be more versatile than some lower ticket verbs - ie ooh, it's an xxx brand(albeit two knob dealy).

Regards,

jhg
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I like to put the boot into Behringer as much as the next guy, but their 2496 reverb is rather good value. In the scheme of things - which do I hate more - iLok or Behringer ... hmm ... probably iLok.

I have a Rumour, and it's rather good. But the Behringer is different - I would say sweet & lush in comparison. The converters and analog section are nowhere near as good as the Rumour, so I would suggest using digital i/o. However - cruddy converters and a little noise never hurt a good reverb, sometimes it adds to the magic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search