The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
focal owners, is the honeymoon over??
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I just wonder if focals were still a favorite here or have they been replaced with something else?
Old 21st August 2007
Still a favorite with me. I couldn't work without my Twins. Best monitors I've ever owned.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I've got some solo6's. They translate great. What I hear in the room is what I hear on other systems.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear
The Focals have ended my monitor search. I won't be looking for monitors until these break.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

My partner in multimedia production company got Focals month ago (bigger one).
Actually I was really amazed how they sounded in his (great) control room.
Next real step forward from K+H and ADAM to my ears, although I'm not yet ready to spend more cash on monitors as I'm completely satisfied with K+H.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nope, we are still cruising, sipping cocktails and listening to showboat tunes... seriously though, loving them, using Solo6's and the also ended my search for monitors.

Matt
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
Still a favorite with me. I couldn't work without my Twins. Best monitors I've ever owned.
Aren't you a Focal Dealer?
You seem to be quick to jump in to every monitor thread and gush about them without always adding this disclaimer.

FYI to all who weren't aware of the blatent shilling going on here.

(spare me the BS about being an owner before becoming a dealer .. yadda yadda)
Old 21st August 2007
I'm still liking them VERY much
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Lovin my Twins....

and I don't see the problem with a dealer saying he like what he sells (isn't that why they carry the brand?).
Old 21st August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by edham View Post
(spare me the BS about being an owner before becoming a dealer .. yadda yadda)
Tell you what. Call Simon at AudioPlus Services and ask him whether I was an owner who completely fell in love with the Twins prior to picking up the line. That way you won't try and accuse me of "BS". Why on earth do you think I carry Focal? The answer is I love them and use them every single day.

I think the real problem with some of the users on this forum is that they might not know that I've been a producer/engineer much longer than I've been selling gear. Plus, for those of you who don't already know this, I only carry those lines which I personally use on a daily basis in my own studio. This is why we don't carry tons of product lines (only the ones I can really stand behind).

It really is kind of sad that some people have jaded the way we look at posts because of some ulterior motive. Truly, I only post my experience and knowledge. My sincerest thanks goes out to those who wish to support my company and purchase from us, but I don't participate just to move product.
Old 21st August 2007
Joshua

You don't got to prove a thing. The hype for these speakers are real. There are plenty of threads that state this. If you said "Hey Buy Them From Me" in the thread then maybe people have a right to give you crap but you didn't. Let's not ruin this thread by pointing fingers. Ok now back to the thread. I was thinking about getting the focal solo 6 one of these days. I have a friend who has these. I haven't heard them in my room though.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltamisin View Post
The Focals have ended my monitor search. I won't be looking for monitors until these break.

Ditto.. i just sold a pair that cost literally twice as much as the Solo 6`s and im totally happy...
Its really true that its a combo of your room + the speakers. I thought great speakers will translate anywere . But its seems that Focals are just right for my room .

Cheers , Rich
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Guru

The Solo6's have been freaking great here for the past 6 months. I can't imagine getting any better unless I spent twice as much. I don't sell them but I'd like too! ;-)
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Wow - John Lennon is back from the dead and selling monitors in Cleveland!
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

If I heard then what i hear now....

i have been mixing on the solo 6 for about four or five months now. i am v. happy with the way my mixing has developed.

what i have learnt is that the mids/lower mid are tight and detailed but also v. forward especially in the 150 - 250 range. it took me a while to get use to that. however now i appreciate the detail the solo 6 provided in that range which is clearly a crucial part of the mixing spectrum.

the tweeters are also amazingly detailed/analytical however they maybe a little too bright for some but without the harshness i have heard in some other metal domes of monitors in this price range.

if i had to buy again in that price range - about $2000 - i would buy the solo 6 again.

however if i had my time over again i may have saved another $1500 or so and looked at some other european monitors like PMC and K&H. however they are almost twice the price of the solo 6 and so hardly a fair comparison.

Spek
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
Tell you what. Call Simon at AudioPlus Services and ask him whether I was an owner who completely fell in love with the Twins prior to picking up the line. That way you won't try and accuse me of "BS". Why on earth do you think I carry Focal? The answer is I love them and use them every single day.

I think the real problem with some of the users on this forum is that they might not know that I've been a producer/engineer much longer than I've been selling gear. Plus, for those of you who don't already know this, I only carry those lines which I personally use on a daily basis in my own studio. This is why we don't carry tons of product lines (only the ones I can really stand behind).

It really is kind of sad that some people have jaded the way we look at posts because of some ulterior motive. Truly, I only post my experience and knowledge. My sincerest thanks goes out to those who wish to support my company and purchase from us, but I don't participate just to move product.

5 Months ago I got a pm from "kit" explaining he is selling the focus twins/solos and if I was interested, he could offer a very excellent price on new speakers.
He did quote the cheapest price from all online sellers. I just happend to find a used speaker deal, I couldn't pass up. Kit was cool and sincere about everything and said he was happy for my find! ....nice guy
Old 1st September 2007
I still having sex with my Focals!heh
Old 1st September 2007
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
Wow - John Lennon is back from the dead and selling monitors in Cleveland!
Sorry Josh, but that is pretty funny. Id never thought of you looking like him until now. Josh is cool BTW and I think hes passionate about the gear he uses, nothing wrong with that IMO.
Old 1st September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Sorry Josh, but that is pretty funny. Id never thought of you looking like him until now. Josh is cool BTW and I think hes passionate about the gear he uses, nothing wrong with that IMO.
heh, no worries. i get it all the time. i never really saw it until someone sent me comparison shots between john lennon and myself. now i see it. thanks for the nice comments.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

I've had the Solo 6's since May and I'm still amazed by the detail, clarity and translation. They're far and away the best monitors I've worked on or owned.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search