The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Misspelling dangers over the net... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

Misspelling dangers over the net...

man, internet IS dangerous...

I wanted to go to vintageking website and I misspelled the address : I replaced the last "g" by a "k", and I spilled my coffee all over my keyboard and screen...

You must understand, as a Frenchy living in Paris, I've been deeply shocked by the central picture you know what I mean ?

Somebody HAS to tell Mike at vintageking this story...
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

Sounds like you need a parental block on that computer.
You're just not ready.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

yeah, I will never look at the Tour Eiffel the same...
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenemo View Post
man, internet IS dangerous...

I wanted to go to vintageking website and I misspelled the address : I replaced the last "g" by a "k", and I spilled my coffee all over my keyboard and screen...

You must understand, as a Frenchy living in Paris, I've been deeply shocked by the central picture you know what I mean ?

Somebody HAS to tell Mike at vintageking this story...
Yeah, I like that one...that's what I'm gonna say if my girlfriend notices a something strange on the computer. Hey baby, I just mistyped!

A true story - I was looking for a picture of "Animal" the drummer from the muppets to put on a business card for my drummer and did a google image search by entering - animal drums - and saw a few things I really didn't want to see. The next search had the word "Muppets" in it and thankfully avoided those pictures.

Another - A friend of mine recieved an email attachment from a friend and opened it in the office - bad idea! Anyway, it involved a horse... he jumped in front of the screen, but too late, the speakers were still on and blasted the sounds into the office. He pulled the plug on it. He only managed to avoid getting fired by showing his boss the attachment that came with no warning from his buddy. I was in the bar with him the next night and his buddy (the emailer) came in, he almost gave him a punch in the nose he was so pissed, because he has a really great job and you can imagine the jokes in the office for the next few months.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search