The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ATM25 - still available? Dynamic Microphones
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

ATM25 - still available?

ATM25s get recommended for toms a lot - but afaik they have disappeared from ATs website, and nobody seems to be able to sell them.

Is the ATM250 basically the same?
Old 21st August 2007
ATM25s were discontinued last year. I can't fathom why they discontinued this mic - I auditioned the ATM250 right after it was released and found that it lost almost an entire octave at the bottom end compared to my 25's.

It was a sad day...
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I was lucky enough to get a pair before they went away as well. I actually use one as my go-to mic for screamed vocals. heh
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

OMG They don't make them anymore? Great on kick or floor tom. So Mine is "Vintage" Now?
Old 21st August 2007
MGA
Gear Addict

I bought 3 of these just recently and I'm on the hunt for 2 - 3 more. Killer of a tom mic! Its a pitty they stopped manufacture as I too tried the 250 and wasn't as impressed.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Guru

Just sold one , super mics though, i used the AT25 for an outside kick sometimes.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

that mic is amazing on bass guitar, so easy to capture a deep tight full sound.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I lucked into finding one of these at a local music shop that was selling it in a batch of close-out/discontinued merdchandise. Brand new, off the shelf for $90. I was pretty happy about that one, especially when I found out what a great mic it is. Wouldn't mind another one. I have noticed that the price seems to be going up on Ebay due to it's unavailability. Can't be too long before they go for more than what they sold for new...
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

It's the ultimate heavy metal "clicky" kick drum mic. Seems strange they would discontinue a solid product.
Old 13th March 2008
Gear Nut

A few days ago a brand new one sold for 255$!!!! Still less than Sonic Circus' 275$..
jf
Old 13th March 2008
Gear Addict

cripes. I have like 5 of these things and I wanted one more.. I paid 75$ for 3 of them a couple of years ago.. Back when it was easy to get them for next to nothing..
Old 13th March 2008
Gear Addict

Was the ATM25 ANY different to the Pro25, which i assume came before it??
As i still have a Pro25, and love it on Kick and Bass Cabs, would love another couple of them, if they're much the same then now might be the time to get an atm25 or two s/h before they go for silly money??!!
Old 14th March 2008
atm-25 for sale here at gearslutz classifieds

don't know the seller. he's asking $189, i believe. looks like it's in new shape.

i actually like them...nice on upright bass, as well.
not even bad for [live] low/mid tenor BG vox, or tenor sax.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search