The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
which mogami cables!
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

which mogami cables!

I am buying focal solo 6e's hopefully soon! What mogami do you recommend? Where can I buy it? What lenght, 10 ft or less?
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Head

My vote:
Mogami 2549

Check out Redco.com You can either buy everything to roll your own, or have them custom build your cables with you picking out all the parts.

Although I have no personal experience with their custom built cables I have ordered their mogami cable and some connectors to solder my own.

Good luck.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

Regarding length, I liked the idea of shorter cables in my early personal recording days, but now it's just annoying having more than a couple for me. Most of mine are 20ft which does the job nicely for me, but I have no idea what you'll need of course. Just bear in mind that it isn't that much more expensive to make the cable longer, seeing as the connections quite a bit of the cost.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

would others agree on that mogami model number??
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzface777 View Post
would others agree on that mogami model number??
No way, man! You really need solid silver cables for the Focals! You just don't get the "bloom" from the copper Mogami cables. ;-) heh

(Totally joking, btw!) heh

The Mogami 2549 should be perfectly fine for this. And 10-20 feet for the cables is fine . . . you could go longer if you need to. I mean . . . we use a significantly smaller gauge wire than this in multi-core snakes that run from the live room to the control room, etc., or multicore between patchbays, racks, etc. And the cables that run to your monitors aren't likely to be problematic for microphonic noise from cable handling, etc.

If you happen to be in an environment where you have an exceptional amount of RFI and/or EMI, you might want to bump up to the Mogami W2534 quad cable, but in most cases it would probably be overkill.

If you don't want to take our word for it, you can always ask call the guys at Redco and ask them. They won't steer you wrong.

I also highly recommend Redco. They totally rock. Always very helpful, and their prices are always good. I make most of my own cables these days . . . I call up Redco for whatever cable, connectors, etc I need and I usually have it within a couple of days at most.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

heheh thanks! Redco sounds like the place! I just wanted to know what you guys like.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search